Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Corona Wire SP5000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Corona Wire SP5000 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the Starprint 5000 use the "100 micron gold" wire also? Cannot get blacks to be black.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can use 100 micron wire in the old 5000. If your blacks aren't black, it probably needs a developer dump, cleaning and good check up.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for replying to my question-now I know where I might get some help. Also I'm sure you are right about the developer dump--I've been using my 'waste toner' as I am short of cash!

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ladibug wrote:
Thank you for replying to my question-now I know where I might get some help. Also I'm sure you are right about the developer dump--I've been using my 'waste toner' as I am short of cash!

waste toner back thru does not work.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The lack of solids is probably due to the fact that you are using the waste toner. There is a reason it's called "waste".

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG! Did she just say that? Would you reuse your bath water a second time?

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So right you are Doc, no one would think about changing the oil in your car and pouring the used oil back in. I could never understand why some one would pour used toner back into a machine that probably wasn't cheap to buy in the first place. You can spend your TIME and money now and do it right the first time or spend your hard earned dollars later fixing it later. Your money would be better spent on third party toner, if you short on bread. As a technician it is extremely frustrating is that some individuals or companies would spend several hundred or thousand of dollars on a piece of equipment and then go on the cheap for service and maintenance.
Just a thought.
I am not passing judgment, just voicing one man's opinion.
Sometime the truth hurts, we all make mistakes, so repent and change your ways and all will be forgivin. LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: