Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Centre of print completly gray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Centre of print completly gray Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Kip3000 machine that has a very strange problem. Intermittantly the machine prints a gray band down the centre of the print which is exactly the width of the centre LED head segment. The image in this area is still clearly visible, but has a fairly dark background and runs along the entire length of the print. This happens on any size print and also on internal test prints.

I think I saw a similair post, but am unable to find it now. The machine is about a year old and has about 10 000 linear meters on it.

Any suggestions before I start ordering up parts?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try reseating all wires and ribbon cables on the printhead itself. You could also try swapping the printhead with another 3000 and see if the problem follows the printhead. I had a problem with a printhead in a 3000 and I swapped it with another machine. The problem seemed to fix itself and never showed up in the other machine. Hopefully you will have such luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, ill give it a shot tomorrow and let you know the outcome. I had a cutter error on a 7000 and swopped the cutter motor with another 7000 and the problem dissapeared completely, so maybe this will work

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reseating the wires and ribbon cables did the trick. Thanks cjwilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: