Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

8000 Dev Rebuild questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hvidovre
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: 8000 Dev Rebuild questions. Reply with quote Back to top

We have 1 8000. It is in our shop. It has the following meter reading:

SF 2,412,766
LF 0,919,639

The pint quality is poor and loosing a lot of toner at the bottom of the dev unit, between PM's. I have not been trained on the 8000.

I think it is time for a new drum, cleaning roller, and dev unit. I'm not used to this machine so I pulled out the parts manual and no rollers are listed. I called KIP and you have to buy the whole thing. This is not like the 2000 or 6000 that I have experience with and KIP training.

We are looking over 6,000.00 for this change. If I want to rebuild this myself what do I need? What are the part numbers?

Thanks, Ralph

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It does sound as though your dev unit is in need of service. I would think your drum and cleaning roller still have some life left. You can order the dev rebuild kit from KIP at about $3000 and then spend 4 to 5 hours rebuilding that unit, and then hope you got everything right when you put it back in. Or you can send me your unit and I will refresh not rebuild the unit at a cost of $799. You will get another 750,000 to over 1,000,000 sq ft more usage from the unit before it needs to be refreshed again. I currently service over 20 8000's in the field. One of my highest volumes units has over 8,000,000 sq ft on the original developer unit. No rollers replaced ever! Just refreshed every million or so.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The full PM for parts per manual specs is approx 10000 ,

for the developer unit call the doc to refresh, if you want parts at discount call on myself or reprodog

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: 8000 DEV REBUILD QUESTIONS Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely call the Doctor for his refresh. Whether or not you need a drum is up to how picky you are. It is not uncommon to get 2.5 to 3 million sf from an 8000 drum.

I believe I am in the process of quoting the owner of your company on drums and other items.

What we ended up doing was buying one 8000 unit and rotating it among the 8000's in our shop. Always have a refreshed unit ready to pop in.

Also, my thanks to the Doctor and the Intern for their many mentions.

Reprodoggie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: