Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7900 Left side of print lite/burned out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: 7900 Left side of print lite/burned out Reply with quote Back to top

The drum was shot so that has been replaced. The new drum brought out lite prints on both sides. Replaced the developer roll and blade. Now the prints are "perfect' on the right side and slowly fade to the left side. Oh yeah, this only applies to very fine lines the heavier lines look good. The gray test pattern looks even all the way accross. Tis reminds me of a printhead out of focus or out of alignment. The shims under the printhead are like new. Is this printhead adjustable like 8000's and 9000's? The wires and springs are fresh and the transfer is level. Even tried taking the transfer out of balance with no change in the print density. I hate it when something like this stumps me!!!
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the left side is not facing a window that might be open and sun shining in through...

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can adjust the printhead but what I have seen in the past is if the printhead is dropped too hard, it can bend the tab where the shims rest. Might need an old fashion re-shaping done to that tab.

I also had one where the screw in the printhead, that allows the head to float up and down, was not screwed in tight. Preventing it from floating up and down all the way.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent suggestions. I'm returning today to continue this saga, when I have a fix I'll post it.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cjwilt is just freakin brillant!!! I don't recal dropping the printhead but I must have done it sometime. The tab was indeed bent and has now been reshaped into it's correct position, well pretty close to it anyway. Thanx all!

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well after all my posts, I finally fixed one.

Thanks for letting us know the fix.

Cheers

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is I sir that is thankful for the assist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: