Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP700m - issues since new

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: KIP700m - issues since new Reply with quote Back to top

I installed a KIP700m in November of last year and have had no sucess with the IPS controller. I've confirmed that it has the latest version of 7.2.280 and just installed the performance upgrade kit last week. The issues that they are having is that, either the controller locks up, doesn't come out of sleep, even touching the screen does nothing. Almost on a daily basis. Anyone else having the same issues? I went last week and turned off all sleep modes and even turned off the screensaver just to see if it'll stay "awake" to recieve prints in the queue and process prints. The customer's fix to this is shut down, pull plug and reboot, it does seem to print OK for a while after.

SERVICE101
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Controller 700m Reply with quote Back to top

Their is a patch out there that you have to push over their that fixs that problem.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This seems to be a common problem on the new IPS controllers. The 7.2.280 patch is SUPPOSED to help with this but I have 2 that still have this issue. There's also a couple TB's out there that address this problem too. The TB's didn't fix my machines neither did the 7.2.280 patch. I turned off all sleep timers and mine have been working fine for the time being.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes we had the same problem here, one of my collegue found that the soldering on the power supply of IPS was not make proprely...that fix for one machine.

On another, since I install 7.2.280, it's seem to work proprely, I didn't receive any feedback from customer.

You can take a look on the official Kip forum to have more detail about warmsleepdelay / coldsleepdelay lines of unattend. There are a few post for that.

Hope it help.

vandre
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Kip 700m lcd display not waking up Reply with quote Back to top

I 've had this issue with three different machines. Two are still testing with cust. (firmware patch, unattend setting etc.) The other is fixed, it took a new LCD display to fix it. I may windup replacing those as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: