Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Developer replacement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Developer replacement Reply with quote Back to top

How often is everyone changing out their developer's? The last three times I have had to change them out they were at the following intervals:

209,435 linear feet
432,598 linear feet
179,476 linear feet

The PM schedule says every 640,000 aprox. Just curious....Thanks:)

jduggan
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: 9000 Reply with quote Back to top

You could just change the developer roller, vacuum off the supply brush.
Just be careful to put it all back together properly.
Good luck

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those are some seriously low yield numbers on those developer units. Your boss must be upset at all the money he is spending on dev units. I am really glad they went and "improved" the 9000 developer units. We never had any issues with the 8000 units.

Anyway, you can send us your dev units for refurbishment. We do the 9000 units now also. $849 gets it done. They work great. Save some money.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Doc! I will send my 3 that I replace to you. Are you doing the latest style? There was a tech bulletin in July with an upgrade kit. The three that I would send you do not have this kit.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as nothing is broken, we can do them just fine. I know those crappy toner sensors have been a real issue. I don't have those.

Send em up. We take a look at em.

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They fixed something that wasn't broken. Now look at the mess.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am just curious to know if the "newer" 9000's are still having issues with their developers?
We have number 149 off the line and we have been plagued with issues ever since we took delivery...now were one year into this and in need of a "Better" solution other then just replacing developer units every 300,000 to solve quality issues.
Its getting to the point that we want it gone from our site....we have two 8000's, beside this 9000, just chugging away making money. Starting to be a running joke in the shop!

Again...are the newer 9000's still having issues???...anyone???

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just put the latest dev upgrade kit in my 3 9000's about 2 months ago. They seem to be ok. My only issue so far is these 9000's run a lot dirtier than the 8000's did. I know that so far with my 9000's my developers aren't lasting very long. I will post when I replace the ones I just installed to see if these kits were any improvement at all.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...our 9000 has the "latest" developer/mainboard upgrade in it as well (that would make it the 3rd or 4th developer since it arrived) and now a few months later we are back to poor copy quality.

Yes, far more "toner" moving around the internals than the 8ooo's.

How old are your 9000's??

Has anyone bought one in say the last 6 weeks?...

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is all really bad news.

Last edited by KIPDOCTOR on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoey wrote:
I just put the latest dev upgrade kit in my 3 9000's about 2 months ago. They seem to be ok. My only issue so far is these 9000's run a lot dirtier than the 8000's did. I know that so far with my 9000's my developers aren't lasting very long. I will post when I replace the ones I just installed to see if these kits were any improvement at all.

Agreed. The 9000 is one DIRTY running machine. Thing produces a lot of toner dusting inside the machine.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just want let you know that I went yesterday on the 9000's machine with a bad quality (background with light solid).

I check and clean the machine AND dev roller....and you know what....I replace the drum and NO MORE BAD QUALITY/BACKGROUND !!!!! with very good solid that I never see on this machine !! I was very impress.

Maybe I had a bad drum but for sure, it was not the dev unit.

Just check the other tread to see my history machine's and recommandations.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Developer replacement Reply with quote Back to top

Zoey wrote:
How often is everyone changing out their developer's? The last three times I have had to change them out they were at the following intervals:

209,435 linear feet
432,598 linear feet
179,476 linear feet

The PM schedule says every 640,000 aprox. Just curious....Thanks:)

By changing out.....do you mean cleaning the developer unit? We have one machine with close to 1 million sq ft that we've never replaced anything except the toner sensor and done your routine developer refreshing. The other machine with 2 million sq ft has had one developer roller replacement.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mean replacing the dev unit. I always try cleaning first, but with this machine it doesn't seem to help. The 8000/9000 units are the only ones we do not rebuild ourselves. My employer prefers that we don't.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoey wrote:
I mean replacing the dev unit. I always try cleaning first, but with this machine it doesn't seem to help. The 8000/9000 units are the only ones we do not rebuild ourselves. My employer prefers that we don't.

Interesting. Not sure why your employer would let you rebuild other developer units but not the 9000's. We've had no problems refreshing/rebuilding them ourselves. INX cleaner, microfiber cloths and some good old fashion elbow grease works wonders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: