Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E51-2 CODES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: E51-2 CODES Reply with quote Back to top

Any body out there ever had a problem with e51-2 code? I have replaced the transfer wire,cleaned and polished the corona tray,checked the height of the transfer wire etc. The only thing left is the varistor assembly. Has any one had a varistor go bad and cause e51-2 codes? I also took the whole transfer/separation corona unit out of another machine and put it in the machine giving me problems and it didn't kick a code.Like wise I put the corona unit that was giving me problems in another machine and it kicked the same e51-2 code.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly a cracked block.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would replace the end blocks and height adjusters next. Good Luck.

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My problem has been solved. I took the varistor from another corona tray and put it on the faulty one and it didn't kick a code.Like wise I put the faulty varistor on a different corona tray and it kicked the e51-2 code.

By using the process of elimination I saved a lot off money.The varistor assy. is only $7.00.New blocks aren't that cheap.Also,I don't understand how a plastic block could cause a short.

Lesson learned.Keep a few varistors in your parts box Very Happy

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI

The end blocks normally go bad before the varistor. It is pretty rare for the varistor to cause this error.

The end blocks cost $10 List price.

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

make sure you order head screws with the new blocks.
Qblue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: