Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 windows driver install & limited paper size opt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 windows driver install & limited paper size opt Reply with quote Back to top

I installed a 3000 at a new customer site yesterday and proceeded to load request and windows drivers on 3 computers running on Vista The driver prints fine, but on two of the computers the only paper size that would show up after the install was 11x17. I could ad custom sizes and that works fine, BUT The other Vista machine had all of the normal sizes on the pull down in the printing preferences. The other XP systems loaded and work as expected as well.

Am I missing something here?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Your thoughts....

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would try looking at the security and permissions settings. Maybe this particular PC has it set differently. I would give "everyone" full control. I did an install on a Vista PC last week and had all kinds of problems. First the Windows driver had the same issue as your having. Then Request would not recognize any file formats, even the KIP sample images. We had to go in and give everyone full control and finally got it going.

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem ,could only see custom paper size. The workstation had full control and Vista service pack 1 was installed. I uninstalled service pack 1 (because I never had problems with Vista before) reinstalled the driver and then all paper sizes was available. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next KUWPD release.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we installed a 3000 that is replacing a xerox at a customer location. we have a similiar issue with the paper sizes. the only ones listed are:

the customer was used to having alot more choices. i know you can add the custom sizes, but is there a way to add more standard sizes? would the autocad driver work better for this?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These are pretty much all the "Standard" sizes. Anything else would probably have to be Custom. It has been a while but I think you can go into the KIP Custom Form and create different "custom" sizes and add them to your list.

I think the Autocadd driver would be the same situation and if you have to go into Autocad to create different "custom" sizes, then I think it is the same results using 2 different approaches.

So I guess it depends if your customer wants to use the Windows Driver or the AutoCad?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charred,
Just curious. What other "standard" paper sizes are your customers asking for? I know that Eng paper sizes are set by ANSI/ASME (American National Standard Institute/American Society of Mechanical Engineers) to keep thing standard like why a gallon of milk is 128 ounces and not 140 ounces. Most have to do with aspect ratio, blah , blah, blah. All the sizes listed are all the standard paper sizes that are used in ANSI/ARCH with the exceptions that I can think of 8 1/2 by 11 or 8 1/2 by 14. I have seen customers want say 36 x 24 1/2, but usually if they are asking for sizes like that then either Autocad is not set up properly or the machine/scanner is not calibrated correctly.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know for Kip ( never installed on Vista yet ) but I already installed driver on Vista and I had to installed it as Administrator Permission even if the user login as admin. permission.

Just take a look, open printers windows, right click on mouse and you'll find install as administrator. (cannot show you, I'm running XP).

Hope this will help.

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have installed a KIP 3100 on a few Vista 64 bit workstations and I have used the drivers that I got for the KC80 .In the list of machines 3100 is there and I have all the paper sizes I need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: