Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Electronic meter vs. hard meter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charred
intern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Electronic meter vs. hard meter Reply with quote Back to top

i know i read a thread somewhere before about how to edit the electronic meter to match the hard meter. this would be for a machine which needed a new controller, and so the customer can get the meter read correctly off of the request screen. i just cant find anything. linkplz?

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know where the link would be, or which model machine. I don't have access right now to anything other than a 3000.

On a 3000, go to service mode 9 then press enter to get to the Clear Mode. Arrow to the right or left to get to the Print Count mode. Once you are at the Print Count screen, press enter. The 1st number will flash and then you can change it by pressing either the right or left arrows. Press the * key and that will take you to the 2nd number...etc, etc.

Hope this helps.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

completely forgot i asked this. more info:
this is for a 2000 printer. a while ago the controller died and we put in the xp embedded controller. the meter that request shows is off by more than 100k. anyone know how to change it so request matched the hard meter on the side of the machine?

rpscdm
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have the latest EPROM installed (K66x07a), have a look at Tech Bulletin TB-K66-050. This tells you how to set the soft & hard meters to match.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

exactly what i was looking for, thanks alot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP software info. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: