Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Neil Johnston IS the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Neil Johnston IS the best Reply with quote Back to top

I recently had a customer lose the com with the embedded controller. After troubleshooting I found that all was well with everything except the motherboard. I thought " no prob, I'll find an identicall board at fryes electronics and we'll be good to go". NO SUCH LUCK. The board is no longer available and the board I was able to get was not compatable like the guy at fryes told me "OH Yeah it'll work for you, fiiiine".

Neil came to my rescue and sent me the right stuff to get my customers machine up and running OVERNIGHT freight, and then help with several phone calls for troubleshooting, another board was sent overnight and still an issue, more troubleshooting with Neil. We found the com port card kip has in the controller was being seen as a video card for some reason.

With card removed all went without just the normal software loading issues.

Neil did this without hesitation and hopefully on my end it didn't take him away from too much of his own business.

I wanted to personally type this up to let everyone know that WE DO HAVE SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE . Don't forget and don't take it for granted.

Neil..... hope you enjoyed the case of beer.

Roy

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was happy I could help. And the beers were unnesessary but very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: