Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Setting 3000 to "exact"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Setting 3000 to "exact" Reply with quote Back to top

How do I set a 3000 to "exact" ?
I set it in unattend and it still switches to the 30" roll when it runs out of 36" etc...
Am I missing something simple?
I don't see any setting in the 3000 user interface.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too would like to know where this feature is, as we often will run out of a paper size and it automatically switches to the other, causing us a lot of trouble with having to trim on large projects.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully kip will provide a solution soon. I have been telling my users to select a "Enlarge/Reduce" size in Request before submitting. If you do this your machine will not autoswitch rolls on you. If they just select %100 it will go to the closest size.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be sure, even when I set unattend to "exact" the 3000 is going to switch rolls? I hope they fix that soon.

Thanks Neil, you da man, as always!!!

Scott

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Setting an Enlarge / Reduce will not cause the unattend to not switch rolls, it still will switch based on whether or not another size roll fits the image.

If you set unattend to exact, make sure that you turn off "Rotate Images for Least Paper Usage" This option conflicts with Exact, if you choose: "Rotate Images for Faster Printing" It will only pick rolls that fit the paper size perfectly. It will still print a 24" x 36" on either a 24" or 36" roll of paper though. If you want it to always print a D size on 36" paper then you have to use Force Size.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: