Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

How do you hanlde stairs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: How do you hanlde stairs? Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone taken a 3000 up a fligtht of stairs? If so how and what would you remove from the printer. The reason that I ask is that an ambitious sales person sold a 3k to a customer that is up a flight of stairs.

Thanks
Alan

servj
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hired movers. Four big guys. They used piano movers and ratchet straps. I'm glad I wasn't them. Good Luck

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check with your local piano movers, they are usually reasonable, careful, and know what they are doing. Alternatively ask around if any movers have stair climbers. These units literally walk the equipment up the stairs.
Good luck

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: moving Reply with quote Back to top

I personally carried the unit up 3 flights with a turn

take out dev unit anf front door cover get guys that can carry their own weight and enjoy the burn baby

it is heavy but managable

if customer is doing it i would make certian the liability is on them as soon as it is lifted

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also had the pleasure of hauling one up stairs. Along with the developer, I also removed the fuser unit and the roll deck/drawer. It was only me and the truck driver. Have fun!

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The movers got to the account before I did and much to my horror they had the machine sitting right side down (as in all the weight on the right side panel!!) on the stair climber, halfway up the stairs. The machine worked perfectly, no harm done.

Scott

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies, I ended up using a piano moving company and they did an awsome job. I took the dev unit out and they took it up the stairs on there stair climber. They laid the stair climber down then lifted the printer onto the climber, secured it then went on up. Two guys that were not really that big but knew what they were doing.

- Alan

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude I am ashemed to say i know you, suck it up dude you a big fella move yourself

Guess the sun in the desert makes you wimpy these day
come east where men are men Dude.
Remember a great man once said "it aint a good day till you come home with toner in your underware"

Later dude Your Pal !!!

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking you got the wrong "Dude".... no deserts near me!!

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rent a stair climber (sometimes called an appliance mover).
Takes two people to get it up the srairs and no heavy lifting.
We have done this with about 15 3000"s now.
Works great!!!!!

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I once worked for a company that would not pay professionals on stair jobs. We were lucky for a while until......

Not worth the risk. Sometimes you got to pay and that's it. Companies that move office copiers, ATM's and safes are best. They are bonded and insured and if one of their guys gets hurt, send flowers and you are done.

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intern the reason that I did not take it up the stairs is the first time we did it that way one of my techs really messed up his back and we are still paying for that one. It was also the hottest day of the year in PHX about 115 so the heat is not the issue. Smile We just ordered a stairclimber so we will be doing this ourselves in the future.

Thanks for the input all!

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hear ya dude, just breakin balls,

besides from first hand experience , It aint easy !
I carried 3800,2710,2950,4000,3000 NEW and Old and 6000 up flights with guys and I was screwed up for days after, work smarter not harder i always say, however Hate spendin extra money, Ya know i am KipInternawitz,

Later Man Holla when you get my way !

pq
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone have photos to post/email of a 3000 or other latest generation KIPs going up stairs via stairclimber?

would really like to see this in action. i didn't think they could handle anything bigger than office copiers.

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is my preffered method of moving a printer.....

This customer had the means so I said go for it. They even took the printer off the pallet for me.

- Alan

http://www.hawkeyecs.com/kip/image01.jpg
http://www.hawkeyecs.com/kip/image02.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: