Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

e51-8 problem,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oestech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: e51-8 problem, Reply with quote Back to top

i have a rebuilt dev that is giving me e51-8 errors. the dev unit seems to be put together correctly and the side plate seems to be on correctly. i can put in the old dev unit and every thing works fine (except for the faded prints) . anybody have any ideas?

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had this happen once, after replacing rollers. I applied too much conductive grease on the side plate contact for the regulation roller, and the grease covered BOTH contacts on end of roller, resulting in e-51.

oestech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i tried the dev unit in another machine and got some strange results. it never gave me an error, but the prints were very black. the dev unit was locked in place, and the image corona is tight and clean. i'm stumped, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: If it doesn't work correctly in two machines... Reply with quote Back to top

If it doesn't work correctly in two machines the best advice is to take it apart and do it again.

Sorry...

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too much conductive grease is one cause. I don't use any. The bias conductor plate is another one. Methodically disconnect one bias plug at the main charger board until you don't get the code. Then you will know which one is shorting and will be able to focus your investigation on that. I am going to guess that is is either the regulation roller bias or the supply roller bias.Bias problems are all too common on these 2000 and 6000 dev units unfortunately.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a really old thread but I had this happen the other day also. Turns out the side plate you remove from the developer unit had one of the copper contacts bent and was not receiving a connection at all. This was due to not removing the contact plate and trying to reseat the developer unit back into the frame in which the drum sits. Just reference for anyone else who reads this in the future.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very common from guys trying to take a short cut to get the dev unit out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: