Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper Stacking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Paper Stacking Reply with quote Back to top

We may have found a fix for 24 X 36 stacking problems.
As you face the back of the machine it always seems like the right side is the side that creates a curl that the next sheet catches on.
If you pull out the fusing unit you will see three fans that cool the fuser.
The fan on the right has a cover over it. On three units we have removed that cover and the paper curl has not returned.
Something to try when you are out in the field. We are still testing it, but so far so good.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I have an update.
We currently have a working fix for the stacking problem.
But Kip has told us not to remove that plate fron the cooling fan behind the fuser.
Kip has also told us that they have a kit coming out to fix the stacking problem. (when I don't know)
Our fix is elaborate, but we know have 4 machines stacking 60 prints when they only could get 4 or 5 before.
If you want send me an e-mail and I'll pass along our fix.
But I want to let you know, KIP does not what you to try this.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Months ago I emailed this idea of mine to Kip regarding a stacking mod. Someone told me they're working on something similar. It's just a bracket to hold the back paper guides higher and hold the left and right guides all the way to the left and right.

http://www.plottrackerpro.com/3000stackFIX.jpg

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as I'm sharing my little 3000 dreams. Here's another idea I had for scanning to network from a 3000. Gave this to Kip right after the machine came out. They said that after talking to many different users and dealers it was decided that this would be too much of a security risk. Oh well, Oce can do it. I guess that's why we sell both.

http://www.plottrackerpro.com/scan.jpg

ser4OCE!
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

?

Is this just a picture or have you made this software? Are there indeed KIP API's for the IPS interface?

-ser4OCE!

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get too excited. It's just a picture I did with Paint Shop. That's the screen I'd like to see pop up when you click "mailbox" to create a new mail box. Rather than just type your mailbox name you get an option to scan local or to network. The "A" buttons would bring up the keyboard so you could type in that field. Like I said, just a dream.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Scanning Reply with quote Back to top

All what they need to do is enable SMB/CIFS scanning just like most of the copier vendors.... I wonder how that hasnt come up when the IPS OS is WinXPe??? Also when is the multiple/single Tiff/PDF going to come out? that is widely used except in the WF machines...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: