Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

HP 1055 CM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: HP 1055 CM Reply with quote Back to top

After belt replacement machine initializes and asks for paper, feeds paper and carriage moves left and right at slow speed and then when it would back up paper to find edge a LOUD screeching noise and check print path error.

Carriage moves freely right and left with no binding by hand and during startup initializing.

Any Ideas?

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a dumb question, But is the belt on right and not 180 out. If I'm not mistaken that belt can be put on wrong and if the motor starts to move fast it may slip a little and make noise.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what Jedi is referring to is the clamp that connects the belts ends to make a loop. If you don't have the clamp in the right position it will try to go through the tensioner pulley or drive gear however I think that would have been evident on initialization as well as moving it by hand.

There is a brake lever on the left side that often gets broken and would be worth a check. It is a plastic lever that interacts with the carriage.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm not mistaken the belt is broken into 2 ways the ribs run. Half of the belt the ribs run vertical and the other half runs horizontal. If the Belt is not put in right the gear will not pull it. But also if it is a belt that has a crimp connector to it make sure it is not trying to go though the pulley. I have not worked on 1 of these printers in a good 6 years

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's been almost that long for me too. You are absolutely correct on the ribs and teeth on the belt and it does make a difference if you don't get it right. Easiest way is to look at the old one before removing. I think the clamps were only on the after market belts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: