Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 900 SERIES
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject: KIP 900 SERIES Reply with quote Back to top

APPARENTLY THE KIP 900 SERIES HAS THE SAME TECHNICAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS AS THE 800 SERIES ....OR KIP HAS PUT A LID ON TECHNICAL ISSUES FOR THE 900 SERIES .....HOLDING TECHS AT GUNPOINT!!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What sort of problems?

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: KIP 900 Reply with quote Back to top

ITS NOT SO MUCH OF THE PROBLEMS OF THE KIP 900 BUT THE QUIETNESS FROM FELLOW FORUM MEMBERS ....WITH REGARDS TO THE KIP 900....THAT WOULD INTERPRET AS NO ONE HAVING ANY ISSUES.....FROM THE KIP 900....

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: KIP 900 Reply with quote Back to top

ARLENE U POSTED SOMETHING ON THE KIP900 WAY BACK OCT.2018....WITH NO REPLIES....I REST MY CASE

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but some of us got away from the KIP color just to stay away from all the problems. PageWide is much better ( for line drawing )then the KIPs. Why put up with all the headaches that come with KIP.

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: KIP 900 Reply with quote Back to top

IT WOULD SEEM THAT WAY FOR U 'JEDI 'BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IS THAT UNTIL U HAVE SEEN AN ACTUAL PRINT FROM THE PAGEWIDE (LINE OR OTHERWISE) AGAINST THE KIP .....U WOULD KNOW YOUR MONEY IS ON THE KIP......AS THE THE SO CALLED PROBLEMS THAT COME WITH THE KIP ITS YOUR POOR KNOWLEDGE OF IT THAT DRIVES YOU AWAY FROM THE FACTS .....WATER RESISTANT, FADE RESISTANT, SPEED,CHOICE OF SUBSTRATE ,AND A BUNCH OF TECHS DEDICATED TO IT...THATS THE REASON WERE ON THIS FORUM.....LETS FACE IT PAGEWIDES HAVE EQUALLY THE AMOUNT OF PROBLEMS WHEN IT COMES TO AGE.....AND THE THE ONE TABOO IT HAS IS 'BANDING WHEN U LEAST EXPECT IT ON A BULK RUN'........SO NO MACHINE IS WITHOUT ITS PROBLEMS......
ONLY TRUST THOSE THAT DELIVER...KIP...WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE...!!
MY MONEY IS STILL AFTER 25 YEARS OF SEEING AND OWNING THEM ALL....ITS KIP...AND KIP FOREVER!!

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speed, are you kidding me. When we had KIPs it would take sometimes an hour or longer to start printing. Th PageWide is finished way before the KIP even gets started. KIP is a piece of junk compared to the PageWide. KIP is forever breaking down. Always having drum or fuser issues and I can keep going. There is only 1 thing KIP does that I like, and that it is water resistant. And yes you do have to have a bunch of techs that are DEDICATED to it. Because they break down all the time. KIP is a big JOKE. We have had both the KIPs and PageWide and the PageWide runs a lot longer with no e=service then the KIP ever thought of. At least twice a month I had to work on the KIPs. I hardly ever work on our PageWide. And our PageWides have well over 5 million sq. ft. a piece. Very few calls and hardly any parts. So like I said KIP is a JOKE

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity what Pagewide are u running and what KIP did u run?
Who serviced both?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity what Pagewide are u running and what KIP did u run?
Who serviced both?

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: KIP 900 Reply with quote Back to top

Pagewide xl4500 (maintained by HP techs) and KIPs 870 ,7170 as well as the 770M transiting from oce tds 400,tds600 and 750 ...why what difference would that make......

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: KIP 900 Reply with quote Back to top

JEDI ...my decision to pickup a Pagewide XL did not go to vain ......judging from what u had to say....soon i'll be maintaining it myself ...and i look forward to be on the Pagewide forum....but for now i leave it to HP

so i have the best of both ....thks for waking up the forum here

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Makes a big difference who services your machines.
The argument which is better HP or KIP is the same as which is better Ford or Chevy. They both are good but only as good as the person who services them.
The KIP 870 and the 7170 are both strong reliable machines. They like all printers need to be serviced from time to time by people who know what they are doing. Is it possible you just didn’t have a good service company?

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We ran Kip 8000's and 9900's in our shop. Serviced other customers 3000's 5000's 7100's, 7900's, 7170's, 7970's. The 71xx series were not as bad. Was KIP certified on the mono machines. Trained on HP DesignJets and now certified HP trained PageWide. We run the PageWide 8000"s here, but service them all. From what I have seen so far is, that the PageWide uses more ink and less parts then the KIP. You run 50 prints on an KIP and the quality drops off. You run 200 on a PageWide and the 1st one looks as good as the last one. Now graphics suck on a PageWide I will say. But that is not the customers we sell it to. Times have changed a lot since the Xerox 2510 days. And sooooo glad blueline machines are dead. Don't miss them at all.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way Chevy. I have a Chevy truck that has 280,000 miles with only very minor work done to it. At 270,000 I finally replaced the alt. Mostly tires, brakes and oil changes. Belt every 130,000 miles. It has done better then any Ford I every owned, for that matter any Chevy that I owned too.

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: System K on 870 Reply with quote Back to top

my worst fears have come to light.....just as i was flambasting over the KIP ....it hangs on the bootup with the small SYSK KIP logo and a wheel going round and round asking to wait ...35 minutes later its still the same

HAD FEW HUNDRED PRINTS DONE ON IT OVERNIGHT AND SHUT DOWN AS NORMAL....WHAT TRIGGERS THIS AND HOW CAN I OVERCOME THIS........
I HAVE THE RESTORE DISK BUT I BELIEF THIS IS THE LAST RESORT AS THE PAINSTAKINGLY PROFILES WE SAVED WILL BE WIPED OUT...CAN SOME ONE GUIDE ME ON THIS......
jEDI...IM INCLINED TO BELIEF THAT WHAT U BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG IS COMING TO LIGHT....PLS HELP!!!

...WHO AM I TO JUDGE OTHERS......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: