Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 860 sold by Kon/Min?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Kip 860 sold by Kon/Min? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Can someone please explain about the toners for the Kip 860?

I know the toners are different if bought from a Kon/Min dealer and will only work in the K/M model. I know there is a Blue dot if Kon/Min version machine.

I guess my questions are is there a way to get the toners to work in the other version?

Does the "Type N" on the toner box mean anything?

And how can you tell if an 860 color machine is a Kon/Min version?

Thanks in advance

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no actual difference in the toners for a KM or KIP sold 800 Series machines. The difference is the KM 800’s use a different firmware and the chip on the toner cartridges is coded different to read this.
This was done so KM sold machines can only use toner purchased from KM.
And not on the open market.
I’ve never personally done this but I’ve been told that you can just update the machine to the KIP firmware and then you can use the KIP toners.

As far as the N goes. KIP made a change early in the life of the 800 series to the toners. The N is just the designation that this is the new toner.

Not a 100% sure but I think the firmware numbers are different.
If I recall correctly they start with KM. I had a copy of the KM firmware and will see if I can find it next time I’m in the office and double check this.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: follow up Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Chillin,

Just wanted to add, a different customer with an 860 has 2 colors with blue dots and 2 without installed in machine and it's working fine. How is this possible if there is suppose to be a chip or something so toners can't be used in Kon/Min branded machines and vice versa ??

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Copyman check your private messages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: