Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

U-10 then E-02, now E-06
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: U-10 then E-02, now E-06 Reply with quote Back to top

When you power up, the Open Indicator flickers and U-10, then switches to E-02. The printer never even starts up so I don't know how it can be an E-02 but I checked the harness, replaced the SSR1 and SSR2 and the Thermistor. So I opened up all the doors, covers w/ switches and powered on and off closing each one and each one had it's own U error. I could not find a bad switch. Now, it'll randomly throw an E-06. I unplugged the counters fromt he board and it did not make any difference. Messing around, the E-06 hasn't come back but still on the E-02.

If I go to SUB MODE 2 -00, it should show me the fuser temperature. With the Top Rear Cover closed Sub Mode 2-00 is constantly fluctuating all over the place = 105, 180, 213, 168 (constantly changing). If I open the Top Rear Cover, Sub Mode 2-00 drops to = 30, 45, 52, 78 (constantly changing between the numbers). What am I missing here? The Top Rear Cover does not have a switch, just the two white plastic arrow shaped grippers and the plug, correct? I ordered the Phase Control PCB (it's supposed to be a flicker reducer) but it's on back order, but I don't know if this is the cause of it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So instead of deleting this, I'll say that I found TIP- K115-001 U-10 Code. I checked the Top Rear Cover, Bypass feede, RIght side door and exit cover switches and wire harness. Guess I'm going to order the PW4210. I'll keep this updated.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you hear the relays clicking when you open a cover or door? I've had relays with burned contacts causing similar problems.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't hear anything, but with my hearing, I'm not surprised. So is clicking good or bad? It had been suggested that I replace the side door switch, so I'm also ordering the two switches for that also. Let you know how it goes.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The relays should make or break whenever a door or cover is opened. The side door fuser door and top cover are a first stop for me. I think there are 3 or 4 door switches in the stuff I sent.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to listen. I did reference your sheet but the part numbers of the relays were not the same as what I needed.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was referring to the door switches, guess I was vague

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, the 9000 have different switches. The 8000 has the black switch, that I received from you. However the 9000 has 2 different switches side by side to make up one unit. Any how, I still haven't fixed this issue.

I replaced the side cover switches and it did not resolve the issue. I moved the switches to the toner cover and the exit cover and still nothing. If I open any cover/paper drawer and power on the printer, it’ll give me the corresponding U- error. As soon as I close the cover/paper drawer, U-10 flickers then I get a E-02, now randomly an E-06.

The KIP9000 never starts up, no moving parts move. I’ve replaced the Thermistor 1, SSR1 and SSR2, Phase Control Board PCB 2, PW4210 (as per the TECH TIP K115—001). No help.

NEW FIND:

-Controller starts up but touchscreen has no power. Power comes from PW11250, which gets it’s power from PW4210 (which I replaced). Controller is good because I connected an external monitor and it works.

I believe it’s a power issue from somewhere. I’m still trying to figure it out. Any suggestions?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: No Power Reply with quote Back to top

Check the power switch. I had one fail recently.
Its a 2 pole switch so you can use other set of contacts.
The symptoms were nearly the same as yours

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried the PW 7755 board. IT has been a few years ago , but I think this is what I did to fix this 1 time. Just something else to try.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked all the DC Power Supply Boards? You get all kinds of random errors when have one of the 36 volt or the 24 volt power supplies fail.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys, I won't have a chance to try these suggestions until tomorrow but I'll let you know how it goes. We have 2 9000s side by side so I'll probably have to stay after hours and start swapping parts..

Bigal, do you mean the actual power on/off switch (upper left of paper drawers)?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Power Switch Reply with quote Back to top

Yes main switch on top.
Gets a lot of use... I was surprised it went bad bad use the other set of unused contacts.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I found a fried 24VDC Power supply board. The one located under the transport section. I swapped it out with our good 9000 and it started right up with no issues or errors. I don't know if that board took out the controller but it only flickers now and software support says I'll need a new controller. I have a few old controllers on the shelf and am going to "frankenstein" an other controller. So other than the controller, the printer, itself seems to be good now.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New battery on the MOBO and a new (used) HDD and now the printer is up and running.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: