Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

1000-0003-0063 error: HC Kickers motor - Driver fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General HP Pagewide Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: 1000-0003-0063 error: HC Kickers motor - Driver fault Reply with quote Back to top

We have an 8000XL that is randomly giving this error during regular printing. When I test the stacker in service it all checks out aside from one area. When I run the Kickers test 1 or 10 cycles at all speeds it works fine but when I run the Kickers and rollers test it will say 'Executing diagnostics....' (see pics) but never does anything, I can't even cancel out of it. It gets stuck and I have to do a shut down the unit.

It seems like a logic problem. HP support had no answer and suggested the main board. Seems like an easy cop-out answer to me.

-Terry

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had to replace the kicker motor on 1 of our stackers. After replacing it worked fine. When I took the old 1 a part I noticed a lot of paper dust around the encoder wheel and sensor. That may be all it is. Try cleaning it 1st, if that is not what it is, it could be the motor or drive board.

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jedi4342 wrote:
I have had to replace the kicker motor on 1 of our stackers. After replacing it worked fine. When I took the old 1 a part I noticed a lot of paper dust around the encoder wheel and sensor. That may be all it is. Try cleaning it 1st, if that is not what it is, it could be the motor or drive board.

What's odd is the kicker motor works fine in diagnostics but only hangs up when you try to run it with the rollers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General HP Pagewide Info All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: