Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 8000: J-14 jam / E07 Cutter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: KIP 8000: J-14 jam / E07 Cutter Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever sending just one print, the machine false jams at the auto stacker, because a 2nd sheet is sent. Most of the time the machine stops with the 1st print clearing the plotter, but stopping in the stacker. The 2nd sheet lead edge barely gets through the cutter before stopping the machine with a J14. Sometimes it gives an E07. Every once in a while it will make the one copy without popping the code, but it will always mess up if you try to send a job with 2 or more prints. This happens from all 4 drawers and the cutter is properly lubed and adjusted and the Reg Clutch and brakes are all cleaned and gapped. I have a spare DC Control board, but it didn't change anything. Unfortunately for me, this account is very remote (173 miles away) so I'm hoping to get some input and make this next trip the final one. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Happy Thanksgiving!

james
resident

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you shortened the spring on the fuser exit switch actuator? They get slow to return. take off the fuser panel and watch for switch arm movement for any hanging and slow return. Also check for pinched harness wire.
The switch wiring goes right to the Controller pwb and you have replaced that.

I'd take a couple of door switches with you (e07 poss u10's). Usually is the door switch, but can be any of them. Change door switch first. The fuser switch is different than the other switches, might take one just in case but they usually last longer than the door switches.

Is the fuser roll in good shape? Is toner sticking to it? fuser one way drive gears don't slip both directions and hr/pr bearings turn good.

That's a long drive service call. Hope you resolve it. Good luck.
[/img]

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the input. The fuser exit switch is working fine. It's not behaving like it's a problem with the fuser, because I'm only sending 1 print, but a 2nd sheet is being fed before the 1st sheet even clears the fuser exit. The machine doesn't abruptly stop when the the J14 pops. It drives the paper another 3 or 4 inches after the J14 is triggered. When I look inside the inner transport area, the lead edge of the 2nd piece of paper is a good 2-3 inches past the cutter. I'm trying to figure out why it's acting like multiple pages were requested, when only one was sent. Even the long test print behaves the same way. Roll size and roll location doesn't change anything either. I have all the door switches and will definitely look into that, but it almost feels like it could be software. I'm going to bring everything with me on Monday in case the controller needs reghosting. I've never seen an 8000/9000/9900 do something like this before.

james
resident

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it do a cut sheet ok without jamming or sending multi sheets?
Is the machine connected to a scanner for scan-print function?
Both should go to printer without using the controller.
Is the controller an intel mother board?
You may be right thinking to ghost the controller.
Be sure to install the Multi enviorment patch after ghost.

Was the machine prining ok before this issue started?

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It does have a scanner and was doing the same thing when scanning to print. It also failed when sending a print from the User menu. The customer called in for this problem, so it was working fine prior to this.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since you are facing that drive, might take the stacker enter/jam switch.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any thoughts on why a 2nd piece of paper is being sent, when only 1 is requested? It seems like that piece of paper is triggering the false jam or the occasional E-07. I'll be heading back there on Wednesday.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

E-07 Cutter Motor Error 1. Cutter is still at the home position although 0.3
seconds has passed since the Cutter Motor had
started to work.
2. Cutter does not come back to the home position
although 1 second has passed since the Cutter Motor
had started to work.
3. Home position can not be detected within 2 seconds
during cutter cleaning.

Couple of things to consider....
Cutter position sensor
gummed up cutter
Run the printer with the door cheated and watch (if you haven't already)
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ran diagnostics check on the motor and sensor and found no problems with them, which is why I replaced the DC control board to see if that would solve the 2nd sheet being sent issue. The last 20 jobs sent were all a request for just one copy and produced the same exact failure. J14 with trail edge either just clearing the fuser or a couple of inches still in the fuser. The 2nd piece of paper has a couple of inches hanging out the cutter. No physical damage to the requested single print or the unrequested 2nd piece of paper. However....the cutter unit, motor and sensor have all been swapped out.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also check the cutter board. It will get old and start causing the E-07 code. I tried all kinds of stuff to fix that problem. Replaced the board and it worked fine after that.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Replaced cutter board, fuser door switch and reghosted controller. The problem still remains. Feeds 2 sheets when only 1 is requested, J14 with an occasional E-07.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new Reg. Clutch kit and will install that next.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced the Reg. clutch and it worked fine for one print. The Reg clutch engaged and when the print was done, it backed the paper back into the drawer. I then tried sending 2 prints and I noticed the Reg Clutch acting up again. It would never again go into reverse and the first 4 failures resulted in E-07's and then J14's again. It's not feeding a 2nd sheet, it's just never backing the paper back into the roll. Even when I went back and only tried sending just one print, the only direction the clutch would turn, was forward. I've been on the phone with KIP tech support about this twice and nothing they're suggested (so far) has worked.

james
resident

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cobra, do you have a Xerox 721 manual? It has the BSD (wiring diagrams) for the 8000.
It may help in isolating elec componets.
I can send it to you if you need it.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the 8000 manuals and electrical diagrams. I've been looking at the electricals and think the PW7755 DC Driver PCB might be our culprit. I'm going to see if we have one tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: