Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-49

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: E-49 Reply with quote Back to top

So my 9900 was getting some voids so i went in and cleaned printhead powered on got a E-49 error. What i have done so far is to check that Dev motor was working in service mode it was. then i went and checked 1 2B to see if sensor was showed low or high it showed H. I checked fuses on board and also re-greased cams.i made sure all connections were plugged in.I don't have a sensor to replace but i was hoping for some other ideas in case i missed anything, i don't believe it's a board either just weird that all i did was clean printhead and got error when it was working just fine before this.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the sensor change state when the sensor disk rotates? You don't mention if you blew out the position sensor, I've had faults due to the sensor being dirty.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So the sensor disk was not changing so I cheated door watched it and it was trying to go to home position then it go back down tried 3 times then error out. so I put in new motor does the same thing,
Looked at couplers and they are not going together all the way for some reason and I don't see a problem with the process unit.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the process drawer isn't seating completely. Take the top cover off, you may be able to see why the drawer isn't closing. Even though you lubed the cams make sure the developer assy moves back and forth. Some guys put a tiny amount of grease where the assy slides on the drawer frame.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ya that's what i am thinking as well i did check to make sure the Developer slides back and forth and even put grease under it just weird that it happened all of sudden.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The process drawer gets misaligned over time. Rotate the drum 90 degrees before you close the drawer, sometimes that's all it takes.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ya the drawer is definitely misaligned it is harder to push in all the way for awhile but never had this problem before will rotate drum. when i get back to printer.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem ended up be the Developer put in a rebuilt one and machine is working great thanks for the help.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you were able to get it handled

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mark me to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: