Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser drive gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Fuser drive gear Reply with quote Back to top

OK..I ordered what I thought was the dark gray Plastic fuser drive gear (machine side) but it seems that I just can't get it right. I ordered the wrong gear and the parts manual isn't very helpful. What's the KIP Part number for this plastic fuser drive gear?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not a 100% sure, but look at Z161600370 (Gear 36T)

Parts Manual 7170K ver 2.1 Under Main Frame Parts Assy 1

See if that's the one you are looking for.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, that is the one I ordered and it showed up metal and twice as big. SO, I thought it was the 4211-48 gear and that isnt it either.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How many teeth does the gear Kip send you have.
That gear should only have 36 teeth.
I have 3 7170’s coming Mon/Tue and will look at one.

Cause I’m sure KiIP didn’t send you the wrong gear. They never do things like that.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My parts listing 2.2 shows the same information. Z161600370 GEAR 36T
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

awtech
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the part that I carry around in my tool bag: Z081600010 (Gear 24T) This is the fuser driver gear that used to break like crazy on 3000's. I'm not sure if is the same on a 7170.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that the part number for the newer, thicker and solid gear? Because those gears kept breaking and/or teeth wearing out, they made that newer heavy duty one. It first came with the Fuser upgrade kit.

Anyways, this gear on the 7170K looks exactly like that BUT if I reference the KIP3000 and the KIP7170K parts manual, they are both part of the "C" section on the Main Frame Parts Assy list and the 7170K gear is the Z161600370. But that is not the right gear. What arrived is a 1.5" solid metal gear with no slit for a pin, which I know is not the correct gear.

So frustrating, I've asked KIP and have not heard back from them either. Even posted it on their forum...no response.

awtech
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a picture of the 3000 fuser drive gear: picture link

I think the part # came from a bulletin when the previous gears were shattering all the time

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Order both and return the part you can't use????

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I probably will.

But, both the Z161600370 and the 4211-48 gears were under $10 each and would cost more to ship them back to KIP including the 15% restocking fee...lol.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was able to get out to the KIP7170 and now realize that this not the same as the old KIPs. There is no drive on this gear. It just sits on a small shaft mounted to the plate and is just acting as a transfer gear. The 4211-48 gear is the white gear below the arrowed gear. The Z1611600370 metal gear sits behind the arrowed gear. I believe the gear I need is #33 (Z161600360). I'm going to order this along with the gear behind it, which is gear #38 (42-11-17). I will keep you updated for future reference.

[/img]

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's not the sameas the old 3000/3100's and I think the "new" shape is like that since the 7100's. I never change any fuser drive gears since those machines/models.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice photo. A picture is worth 1k words as they say, whoever they is....
I can see why the center gear failed, the gear above it is off center(or looks like it). Looking forward to how this ends up.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I received the gear that I've been looking for. It is the Z161600360 30T gear. It is the dark gray gear that looks like the old fuser drive gears. This new gear does NOT have a cut for any pin. I guess we have to stop referencing old and new machines.

Mark: that big metal gear is the gear on the fuser roller. There is another "connecting" gear behind it that is run by the gear that the arrow is pointing too. My picture angle makes it looks off centered....I hope. I'm going to replace the gear tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: