Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7170K boot problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: 7170K boot problem Reply with quote Back to top

Been a while since I've been here. The only Kip I have is a C7800 with about 2 million that never gives me any issues and a couple old b&w antiques.
I got handed this one, 7170K, with the touch screen interface, even though I haven't been to a school on the system K software.
Customer said it shows "corrupt boot loader error". When I got there, I connected a keyboard & DVD to it, went into the boot menu to have it boot from the DVD, but I don't think the DVD they have, will work.
Like I said...it's BEEN A WHILE, maybe 4 years since my last school, my memory is a bit fuzzy on doing a repair of the boot, but the software that comes with the machine, isn't the one I need? The only software they have is the disk that has the drivers etc.
When I use that disk, I get a error that it can't find winload.efi Which I think is an embedded windows file?
Also, whoever sold them this machine (it's a government agency), didn't make a backup image or anything else it appears.
What's the easiest & best way to get this thing to boot again, if it's just a corrupt and not a bad HDD??

Thanks!

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: System K Boot Reply with quote Back to top

The disc should be taped to the controller PC.
That being said if you need to ghost it there are differences from the old KIP software.
The software manual is on their website if you have a Partner login or email me and I'll send it to you.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I'll dig around on the machine and see if it's still taped to the IPS.
I was on it yesterday, and have a feeling someone else had been into it before me since the rear cover screws were all loose. Wink

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: 2.0 vs 1.6? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I received the 2.0 software & restore disk, but,
the question now is, it says this will only restore from the 2.0
software, so I guess I'll have to wipe everything to get it up
and running, if the HDD is ok?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: KIP 2.0 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes
You will have to reghost the controller and make sure you have keycode.
Also ANY PC running the PrintPro or the Kip Driver will HAVE to be updated as well!
And on the flash drive they sent, is the latest printer firmware that you MUST update as well.
They should have sen you a software update hard copy as well.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: KIP 2.0 Reply with quote Back to top

bigal wrote:
Yes
You will have to reghost the controller and make sure you have keycode.
Also ANY PC running the PrintPro or the Kip Driver will HAVE to be updated as well!
And on the flash drive they sent, is the latest printer firmware that you MUST update as well.
They should have sen you a software update hard copy as well.

I've got the 2.0 CD/DVD, the flash drive...sounds like I should be good to go.
Thanks!

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: SUCCESS! Reply with quote Back to top

Got it back up and running. Boy, that sys K software sure is different than the KC80, 5000 series, C7800 series!
The crash must have wiped everything, had to go to the key code site and input the info to get the key codes. Customer didn't have them. But it's back up and running. Thanks!

afraher
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Meter problem Reply with quote Back to top

Some how i lost the meter. I have the previous meter before I start the upgraded. Do you now how to reload the meter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: