Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 860 Goes offline without warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you go to Mars even if there was no way to come back?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

copyman96
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: KIP 860 Goes offline without warning Reply with quote Back to top

This post may turn out to be for information only. My customer's 1.5 year old 860 started up normally this morning after a very cold weekend in our part of the country. (19 degrees F is cold in the southern most part of south Alabama). The 860 showed offline on the customer's computer when they attempted to print to it. When they came to the printer the display was blank with a yellow LED lit at the top. It would not respond to any input. When I arrived I tried shutting it down completely and restarting. The display came back on normally and the 860 displayed ready until I touched the display at which point it once again went blank and became unresponsive. I pulled the side cover and did what I always do which is remake all connections and then I restarted the 860. It came back up and went to ready. Customer sent several jobs with no issues. Still wondering if it was a connection issue or if this is a warning of a more deep seated issue. Anyone else seen anything like this.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the temperature where the printer is located?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

copyman96
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I am just now replying to this post but cold weather has caused a lot of issues with machines down here. Anyway after the customer ran a couple of jobs I assumed the 860 was OK and put the cover back on the right side. As I did this the cover hit the switch and turned the printer off. When I tried to turn it back on the screen blanked again and the printer went back to its on but not responsive (not online) state. I took the cover off and checked the connections again and all were OK. When i restarted it with the cover off I could clearly hear a series of 4 beeps that occurred only once. Checked manual and with KIP and neither had error docs for the controller setup so I checked for generic codes online which pointed to bios or CMOS battery issues. I pulled the controller opened it and procured a new CMOS battery and installed it. Reinstalled the controller , started printer, reset BIOS info in setup. Restarted 860 and it has ran quietly for the past several days. I hope this post helps someone.

In answer to your question about the temperature where the 860 is located I would say that during the coldest days it may drop to 60 degrees. During the summer the AC in the building may allow the temp to rise to 75 degrees or higher.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. As to the temperature, I forget that not everyone lives in a desert..........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: