Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Charger error - only on long prints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Charger error - only on long prints. Reply with quote Back to top

I just re-delivered this machine to our customer yesterday, after having it back in the office to work on for over a week. The machine was getting E-33 errors, which after multiple calls with KIP (which were absolutely zero help), replacing T/S assembly's with new, and replacing the HV socket, the error then switch to different paper jam errors. I ended up replacing the Separation sensor, the fuser exit sensor and the exit door sensor, and the issue seem to be resolved. I ran over 2700 Square Feet of test pages, and not a single error.

I get an email today, the customer is experiencing more charger errors - BUT only when printing long 70+ inch pages. The typical 36x48" don't give them any issue. I currently don't know which charger error it is now throwing as they are over an hour away, but has anyone on here come across such an issue? I know "charger error" isn't very descriptive, but any and all thoughts - throw them my way please!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stacker full sensor??
With the sensor issues we've been having I would replace every sensor in the paper path.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agree I would replace all the sensors.

Another thing I might looking into. When running the long prints, are you getting any type of voids on the prints near the training edge.

Don't want to throw you off in a wild direction, but I wonder if the fuser speed is too slow pulling the paper into the fuser unit so that the Transfer Wire is having an issue transferring the image. then causing the error.

The voids might be an indication this is happening.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replys thus far. I never got a chance to get to them yesterday (no big deal, he said it wasn't an urgent issue)... Till on my commute home he sends me an email saying the machine now is throwing charger errors printing 36"48" drawings, too. He also said if the machine did in fact print out a full sheet, the last 2-3" of the E size would be very light/non-existent.

I went up there this morning and loaded the machine back in the trailer. I should be able to look into the issue a little deeper tomorrow or early next week. Stay tuned!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious, when you take the printer back to the shop do you leave a loaner?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Just curious, when you take the printer back to the shop do you leave a loaner?

Absolutely. However, we don't leave KIP loaners. We are actually in the transition away from KIP machines completely. I haven't had time to log on here in over a week, but there is still no update on the fix for this machine.

There are no trail-edge issues on the long prints (as far as voiding goes), but now any size test print I run gives the Charger Error E-033. I will continue to check back, as well as update as I replace parts trying to track this issue down.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try to raise the transfer wire from 1 mm ? Did you try to play with the OFF timing for the tranfert ?

Did you also try another roll of paper ? Or what happen if you change the type of paper, let say Film even if it's plain paper ?

Did the deshumidifier switch on off/on ? Is the adjustment or configuration option in config 1 of GUI are all at OFF (sorry, don't remember all terms but you have a few buttons to help transfert or else).

Also, Chillin is right about the fuser speed but you can also have problems if the fuser is too fast, the paper will be too stretch and can cause some transfert problems.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering if you ever resolved this issue. I have one doing a similar thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: