Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

1200 Stacker on 7570

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: 1200 Stacker on 7570 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a 7570 recently installed and i cannot get the 1200 stacker to communicate.
I was told that my older 1200 stacker will work because it has dip switches.
i did switch 1 to on, We bought the connection kit and installed it.
I took Transmission PCB from a 3000 and installed them on the 7570. Which I was told will work also.
Everything seems to be lined up and all I get is error communicating with stacker.
I also confirmed that my PCB were in the correct location send/receive.
Any help would be awesome.
I'm thinking that my stacker is the issue with the board that had the dip switches.
It was connected to an 8000 before and we had to buy the Eprom for it to work with the 8000. I wonder if my Eprom is the issue.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You shouldn't have to make any changes to the dip switch. All models except the 8000/9000 are set to dip switch 1. I ran across a few machines a couple months back that the transmission PCBs ended up needing replacing but they were giving stacker communication errors. Are you getting any errors?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not familiar with the 7570 but I'm guessing (like most KIPs), you might have to tell the printer that it is connected to a stacking device. I'm just putting this out there, but I'm guessing you already did this. In the 7170K, it is the the Back up data No. 060.

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys just wanted to post an update finally got the 1200 stacker to work had to order a new board for it. In the older stacker it is PW 5420 01. The one that you need is pw5420 02. After installing the new board all is well.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured it best to post here since its a related topic.. is there any way to get a stacker from an 8000 to work with a 7570?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: