Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

strange toner marks on eft side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubbleguts
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: strange toner marks on eft side Reply with quote Back to top

tried cleaning led's corona wires. to the eye the dev and drum look fine, its not the fuser any ideas? this has 256k on it dev has been replaced at 150k and coronas recently

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried a different drum? I had a similar issue on a 7170 a few months back and a new drum took care of it.

Bubbleguts
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is due for one. There just a bit pricey

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try resetting BIAS 3 back to zero.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hows the developer/toner roller look? when was the last time you cleaned the buildup off of it? 100k ago?

Bubbleguts
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Try resetting BIAS 3 back to zero.

It's currently at 0

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you ever get this resolved? I have one doing something similar at the moment.

[email protected]
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dealt with this exact pattern on the left side this week. I adjusted the developer bias (22 in adjustment mode) down to 15 to lessen the effect so the customer could use the machine until I could get back to the shop for a drum. A new drum fixed it.

jedi4342
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried cleaning the drum with D- Ink 1st. Also make sure the scraper blade on the cleaning roller in the developer mod is cleaning it properly. Clean the optics real good. Most likely the drum.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is your drum, replace it with new one. D-Ink or polish will help you but not so far on these machine.

Also change the cleaning roller in the same time, it will help for new Drum.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm struggling with a repeat image issue. This customer uses a solid black title block about 2.5 square inches. It gives a slight haze of repeat image one time, one drum revolution down. Everything else is perfect. Refreshed dev unit, reg roller is solid silver. Replaced drum, problem still there. Do you think it could be the cleaning roller? Thanks.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always replace the cleaning roller with the drum in the same time but that is not causing your problem. Try to go in the service adjustment menu, go to bud 634 (If I remember) and put it at 0. That bud switch if for the « Density Sensor ». If it’s not 634 then check near that number but for sure it is in the 600’s.

When times goes by with use of drum. the auto desity sensor compensate the high voltage to put more voltage and giving best solid on print but sometimes it get too much.

When I start a new machine, I always turn off this option, this help to get a longer life of the drum and get a more stable print.

Also, don’t forget to reset your Dev if you have replace it.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for the quick response Slyman. I had already turned off density control. I took Mark's advice and set dev bias 3 to 0 and that did the trick! Thanks everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: