Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

hp 5000 and 5500 UV machines yellow dropping out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: hp 5000 and 5500 UV machines yellow dropping out Reply with quote Back to top

We have had at least 10 cases over the last 6 months of UV 5000 and 5500 machines were the yellow would drop out and the ink tube system and printheads would have air pockets in them, even after replacing the ink tubes, printheads and ink cartridges multiple times. many of these machines we replaced the service station and APS as well before giving up on them... it wasnt until one of our techs had a customer with another decommissioned machine in a customers back room that he took the old expired printhead from that machine and soaked the head plate in windex before installing it with the old machines refilled ink cartridge and now that machine has been running fine for a Month now. It seems there is a large lot of either defective printheads or UV yellow ink cartridges causing all these issues. when looking through the hp forums we found other dealers are experiencing the same issues.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a follow up I ran into a few more cases last year as well as some other techs in our company who had this same issue the last one being in November with phone call from a business referred by another customer. this business had some other company doing the service and couldnt figure it out either the customer was shocked that I was able to guess his problem before he even told me what was going on..
I recommended switching to aftermarket uv yellow ink cartridges as thats the only way we have been able to resolve the issue. Hp still hasnt owned up to any issues but there is a thread on this problem on their support site with others having the same issue. Common scenerio for them is hp sells a new hp branded replacement so not surprised they dropped the ball on this one as far as owning up to bad consumables. Totally different experience than the HP i used to deal with 20 years ago that became #1 because of it its a shame they lost their way IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: