Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Repeat Image

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Repeat Image Reply with quote Back to top

Have a 7100 Repeat image does not happen on every page and always does it same spot. it is definitely coming from drum. What i have done is check all bias voltages, put in new wires, checked and represurized dev unit. Swapped out drums, transfer support is on when i turn it off it does it on every page. Have not played with timing on or off transfer settings.

I really believe it has two do with that problem getting transfer marks at 251mm it did that when machine was first installed went away after turning transfer support on. I did reset density control back to zero helped for a few days then came back, i am hoping to get some help thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you confirm that the aluminum blocks that hold the drum are correctly stationed? Both sitting flush up against the wall of the printer?

If you run a long print, does it repeat every 251mm? Odd that it does not do it on every page but does it same spot each time. When it does repeat, is it 251mm from the LE or 251mm between repeats?

Also, you didn't mention if the repeat is all the way across the page or just certain areas. Did you check the paper? Sometimes the paper is slightly damaged on the core and when it goes through the printer, toner is not transferred onto that particular spot, then cause a repeat on next drum rotation. If no image falls on that damaged area, there won't be a repeat. Hope I didn't just confuse the heck out of you...

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't check if it was 251mm from lead edge but it is 251mm from repeats and only repeats once. It does not repeat across the whole page just in one spot.

I did check drum blocks that was one of the first things i did both are good i know it is very weird.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check the paper. Try a different roll. I chased a repeating image like this before. There was either a void or very light image where the image was supposed to be then that voided image would print down a ways, at the same distance as the circumference as the drum. I couldn't figure it out until I checked the paper in the paper drawer. There was an indentation on the roll and that caused the toner to not "attract" to that area and left the image on the drum until the next rotation. The reason I couldn't see the damage on the paper out the exit was because the fuser heat "pressed" the damaged area flat.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will check paper and report my findings.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay in responding changed paper made no difference did swap out tr/sep unit and so far no call back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: