Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

800 Developer Rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: 800 Developer Rebuild Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone here have to do a developer rebuild yet? What a pain and very time consuming. I hope the Doc will start doing these!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What was such a pain?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is hard to describe.
A lot of disassembly and very messy. The dev roller mounts on brackets that you remove the top screws and swing it out on the bottom ones. Then you remove the bottom screws, the brackets come off with the roller, remove the brackets from the roller, put new mylar and felt seals on the ends, put the brackets on, then swing it back into place. Guaranteed to bend the seals going in. I had to make a few temporary guides from mylar to get everything to go back and not catch the seals. The gears are a pain. No springs on the reg roller. It turns the opposite direction of the dev roller which appears to pressurize it against the roller.

Read the manual first and have it open while you do the work.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you scrub these dev rollers or do they have to be replaced every time?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been rebuilding dev units since the KIP2000s. Havent' done an 800 but they all seem similar.

Dev rollers look like they can be INX'd or possibly scrubbed with them green scratch pads. I think INX is easier, if you can handle the smell...lol.

Of course KIP's recommendation is replacement though.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used INX on ours and it seems to be working fine. The developer unit is still a pain in the ass to service. I am getting better at it.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we've done a few of these now, very labor intensive! Watch out for a little one way bearing, if you put it in the wrong way nothing will turn.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About how square feet on average are you seeing before a rebuild/refresh is needed?

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not getting the 600,000 square feet like it says in the PM schedule. Most of our customers run a lot of black & white and some color. We have been rebuilding the K developer at around 300,000 to 400,000 square. It depends on how picky you customer is with the solids.

maggoolee2525
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: cyan dev assembly Reply with quote Back to top

Just about to work on the cyan developer rebuild(after running thru the washout issues on cyan only)....but thought it would be better to have a complete assembly as to encounter INEXPERIENCE reassembly PROBLEMS would mean alot of downtime:

Question is:
1. is the dev.assembly Z354690040-KIP 870 DEVELOPER ASSEMBLY
YELLOW UNUSED NEW( compatible for use on the Cyan AS I HAVE 1 OF
THIS)
2. IF SO IS THIS JUST PLUG AND PLAY OR DO I HAVE TO CHANGE ITEMS
WITHIN ASSEMBLY
3. CAN SOMEONE SELL ME A GOOD COMPLETE USED CYAN ASSEMBLY....$
4. OR CAN SOMEONE HELP REBUILD THIS CYAN FOR ME AND WHAT WOULD IT
COST ME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 850 Series Color Printer Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: