Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Developing unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Developing unit Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea if a KIP 3000 Type A dev. unit will work in a 7100 for just testing purposes?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone has ever tried to do this. One thing I know for sure is that the developer roller in the 3000 is smaller in circumference than the 7100's. Installing the 3000 dev. unit into the 7100, I would think that the developer roller would probably not sit well against the drum, unless somehow the dev unit sits differently between the two. If you have both the 3000 dev. unit and the 7100 printer, give it a go and let us know the results. Probably not the best advice, but someone has to be the first and since you proposed the question....... lol

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryzer, Test Pilot
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I opened up a can of worms, LOL

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess it would be helpful information if someone was in a bind and say, something happened to a 7100 dev unit and they miraculously had a 3000 dev unit laying around. They would know to use or NOT use that 3000 dev unit temporarily.... Without getting too technical (because it'll hurt my brain), I"m guessing it'll fit in the 7100 printer just fine but actually working...probably not...lol

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(because it'll hurt my brain)

Like Simple Jack?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simple Jack doesn't know to be simple, he's just.... simple. I'm trying to be like Simple Jack, but then by trying, I'm already being complicated. Thanks a lot, Mark, you've woken up my brain.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhh, that makes my eyes rain

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember correctly, the pin out of the connector is not the same. Make sure it is before testing.

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, is a no go. I thought we still had a 3000 in the graveyard, apparently it went bye bye awhile ago. I have to go through Konica for tech support and they are recommending replacing the dev. unit, which I knew they would. Now depends on the bossman, to be continued.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly is the issue that you are having with the 7100 dev unit?

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Density issues, but fixed now. Darks were to dark and heavy, lights were faded out almost completely. Can't believe it turned out to be as simple as the drum collars. On the left side I had to back the collar off just a hair in order for it to sit flush to the frame. If it was spun all the way forward, the small protrusion on the collar that the top screw goes into wouldn't slip into that channel, same on the right. Never had an issue with drum collars before on any KIP I've worked on, they've always been very smooth, spin all the way fwd and lock em down. Don't know if these are just wompy or if it's a 7100 thing.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good find. I've run into issues like that in past, so I always check those collars.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: