Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Low image density, far right side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLE
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Low image density, far right side Reply with quote Back to top

Kip 3100, meter 60k, usage is approx 2000sf a month. We have been servicing this unit approx 1.5 years and every 6 months we run into the same problem.

Low image density on far right: The developer roller has bad coverage on the far right, last 3 inches. When I look in the developer unit it's VERY low on toner, worse on the far right. After i dump some toner in the developer the image is good. I have cleaned the toner sensor and fingers, also refurbished the dev roller and the unit is level. But, every 6 months or so it's low again.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the toner supply motor? I have had a few fail on them.

RLE
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had assumed the motor is working, because some toner is being emptied into the developer unit, just not at a fast enough rate to keep up with the output.

The problem as I see it: The developer unit is very low on toner, but the machine does not give the indication to "add toner". Maybe I have a defective (intermittent) toner sensor or it needs to be calibrated?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would try cleaning/replacing the toner sensor. I'm looking at the parts manual but noticed that a 3100 does not have the little mylar sensor wiper like the 3000s. If toner is stuck on the sensor, it will think that the dev unit has sufficient toner and will not add more toner to the dev unit. When this happens, the dev unit gets starved of toner and you start getting light images on the edges.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: