Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser Thermistor Shorten Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Fuser Thermistor Shorten Error Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 700m that is throwing this error after a few prints. Customer has to reboot to get it to print a few more before erroring out again. I took out both thermistors and they both looked clean. Both temps are around 140 -/+ when not errored out. It also states E-0090 in the Error Information, but I can't find anything on that error either. Anyone come across this before? I don't want to just change out the thermistors without a good confirmation that that is the culprit.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey dlee, I have the same situation here...

I thought it was the fuser door cause it was stuck and very hard to open (so maybe bad switch contact). I fixed the door problem, check/clean thermistor, adjust fuser door switch, put conductive grease on frame ground contact and clean machine.

Customer called back for same problem Sad

Did you find the solution ?

Thanks

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After all my frustrations of thinking it could be mechanical, the fix was a firmware update. TB-K117-018 Firmware 117x07A update.

This firmware version includes the following change(s) / features:
1. Prevents a false-positive E-0090 (Eraser Lamp Error) is addressed.
2. “Transfer / Separation Corona OFF timing” can be configured for both roll media and bypass feeder.

PM me your email if you need the firmware.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks dlee

After making some reseach, I found that TB. I don't know was version of the firmware is at customer place so I'll do it by prevention.

Probably that will fix it. Weard that this problem appear only now after that customer have the machine since begining...

I got access to firmware, thanks for the offer.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, my customer has had theirs since 2012 and that error just recently popped up. I guess I should've updated that firmware sooner....lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: