Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Blank Prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Blank Prints Reply with quote Back to top

HELP!! Did a complete overhaul a week ago washing photoreceptor, dev unit, new wires, the works. Worked awesome for a week. Then today, they were having a toner issue (toner light flashing) when there was toner in the unit. I checked the toner sensors, cleaned them up a bit, put everything back together and I'm getting completely white prints. No error codes just blank copies. I've stopped it mid print and I'm not even getting image on the drum. Baffled!!

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the process unit latch locked down? If not it can slide over and the Dev contacts dont make contact. Check the Dev contact plate anyway. Sounds like you're loosing bias.

Also, can the machine make a test print? I've see bad IF cards do this white print thing. If the test print from the engine works... look at the IF card.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, test print white... everything is white. If I move the dev unit over to the right it will lose ground and I get a grey pirnt, but not solid black as I would expect.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think maybe you have a toner supply issue. If it was good for a while after rebuilding the dev unit and then went bad, maybe the toner sensors got popped by static when you were vaccing out the unit.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking into that, because I was having "toner add" light flashing although there was toner in the machine, but I've never had a toner sensor (let alone two) go bad before.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the eprom and now shows E-51-8 error. Still hunting down the root of the problem, but making headway.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make certain the spring that loads the white rollers in the middle of the regulation roller isn't out of place and shorting the regulation roller to ground.
Also, I have seen the contact plate the developer contacts touch short internally.
My two cents.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, most likely a bias leak from the dev unit given that code.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an original 2000 so it doesn't have the white rollers and the spring, but I've ordered a new blade so I'll get them. I'll let you know.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Replaced the cleaning blade and assembly with a new one that contains the white rollers and the spring, replaced supply roller, reg. roller, and developer roller. No change. I get an E-51-8 everytime??? Frusturating!

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to isolate where the short in the bias system is.
With the dev unit out, check all the bias contacts on the DV unit for shorts to ground with an ohmmeter. With the DV unit still out, unplug the connectors at the board and use your meter to check for a short between the connectors and ground. High voltage likes to arc, so looking for dead shorts may not work, so if you still havent found a short, put the machine back together and unplug the bias connectors from the HV power supply. Let the machine cycle, if you get a E-51-8 the board is bad. If you don't, it's safe to assume the wiring between the HV supply and the DV unit is arcing.
I suspect you will find you are probably shorting to ground somewhere in your DV unit.
As a last resort, you might have an arcing issue with the bias socket assy.

6606400410 Bias Socket Assy, process drive page, ref.#25

Scott

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The machine is being replaced with a new 2000, but I will keep what you wrote in mind Scott, and update you once I get it back to my shop and can really get to the bottom of it. It's got over 1,000,000 square on it, so that may be playing into things, but it should still be fixable.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update and please do post any questions or fixes you come up with.

Scott

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: E51-8 Reply with quote Back to top

Had the same thing after I rebuilt the developers on two 7000's. Turns out it was a "C clip" that came loose and was sitting amongst the gears. When I removed the "C clip" it must have stretched and came loose and fell a 1/2 inch down, which was enough to cause some arching of electricity. Just a shot in the dark,..but I thought I'd put in my two cents. Good luck.
A buddy of mine told me to make sure your spring contacts are secure and you have good connections.

sbb
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP Dude, I have the same problem. did you found a solution for this?

Thank you.
For the cost of my redemption...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: