Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7170K light prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: 7170K light prints Reply with quote Back to top

Installed on Dec. 2015, this will be the third time out to customer due to light blotches the length of the paper. Each time it was the dev. unit starved of toner. Toner auger works. Thought it was LED dusting, cleaned LED but didn't fix it. Did the TT-K134-006, confirmed copper contacts = all good. I also turned off the Density Compensation, last time I was there in January. Do you guys think it could be a faulty TLS1 Toner Sensor on the dev unit?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe the cartridge isn't driving. If you haven't already pulled the dispenser off to see if toner is bridging where the opening is might look there.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: light prints Reply with quote Back to top

Check toner dispense motor. The gears strip inside.
Also I assume drum is clean and no toner haze?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cartridge is good, remove toner hopper and you can see the toner dump.

Dispense motor is good. Cheated the switches for toner cover and watched the motor/toner bottle turn, as it should.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: light prints on 7170 Reply with quote Back to top

I have also encountered the same problem. Machine was installed in January 2016, hence probably the same production run. I have been there twice, and if you pull the developer and look at the developer roll you can see that it is starved in the middle. I removed the toner sensor and wiped it off. Wasn't fully coated with toner, had two vertical streaks that were clean. Did find that the toner cartridge was binding when turning it manually. Shook cartridge to loosen toner so that it turned freely and re-installed. Will see if I have to make another trip.
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: 7170K Light prints Reply with quote Back to top

Customer contacted me again on Thursday. Had him rotate the cartridge about a dozen times and prints are dark again. Shouldn't the machine say it's out of toner at this point. Has anyone replaced the toner sensor in the developer to solve this problem?
thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced the toner sensor (9000500182) on the developer unit, with KIP's recommendation, in April. Also added toner to the unit and the prints came out nice. I have not heard back from them, but then again, I was going out there almost every 2 months. I probably just jinxed myself.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: 7170K light prints Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply. Will tell the customer that the sensor needs replacing.
Thank You

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had same problem here.

toner sensor has only 2 stripes of clean on it and the rest was full of toner stick on it.

We ordered the toner sensor this morning by prevention but I think there is a problem with the toner sensor cleaning process.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a call yesterday for the same thing. Just as Slyman posted only 2 stripes cleaned on the toner sensor. replaced the toner sensor snf sort of reformed the auger brush thing that is supposed to clean the sensor, but I agree and think it's an issue with the cleaning of the sensor.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had two of theses do this so far after trouble shooting them I found replace the toner sensor both time I went in before I replace them and saw that it was showing at the toner sensor H when it should be low (i/o code 107) when I replace the sensor it was showing low then ran toner supply. I belive Kip had a bad batch of toner sensor

I love my grandkids and My Country
I just don't love what my Govt is doing to MY COUNTRY

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replace the toner sensor and found that the old one was defective.

Like Charlie Brown says, I think Kip had some bad toner sensors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: