Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

input needed from veteran techs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: input needed from veteran techs Reply with quote Back to top

I am working on developing Service Software and would like to get some input on what would be helpful to have in it. Once the software is complete I will be looking for some companies to beta test it. The software will also be available for free to users of this forum.

So a quick overview of what I have in addition to the obvious data:
Separate input for billing address and machine address
phone app for technician
will track milage for expense report
Track inventory
web login for dispatcher at office
link that can be added to web page to allow customers to place service call online along with order supplies and report meter.

We will be adding some billing software and sales reporting to this also at a latter date.

I appreciate all feedback about what you like or dont like about software you have used.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to have the machine software version and firmware versions

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Past service history by serial number.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin we will have a tech portal where service manuals, firmware and tech bulletins can be easily accesed.

Mark we definitely will have the service history available for the techs to access from the phone app or web browser. I have never been a fan of leaving a service log at the machine for the competitions sales people to use.

Thanks for the post this is exactly the type of feedback I need. We are looking to release the software in May or June to the first dozen companies for beta testing. With plans to release it in July to everyone. If you are interested in useing the software message me. It is Free for users of this forum.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is doable but we use a 3 part "Service Call Report" that we fill out after each call. If they are a no-contract company, I fill it out and have the customer sign it (for billing purposes) and hand them a copy. It would be great to have a digital call report and the customer is able to sign on the line with finger/stylus. Then, the ability to email the customer a copy, right from that app. Also having most sections with dropdowns or autofill, as noone likes typing on a phone. Now is that asking for too much......

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dlee I agree with you 100% on the drop downs. The good news is we are doing just as you suggested. The customer will be able to sign on your phone. The way the software is being set up when a Customer is set up there is a section for a billing address and contact info. There also is a section for the service address and service contact info. In the service contact info you will enter the email address where the work order is emailed to. The technician will also receive a emailed copy of the work order so if you needed to send it to a different person you could forward it. I don't want to make the email field editable on the phone because I want the data to be kept updated in the office for the techs.

Just a note on the 2 address in the software. I worked for a company that could only enter in one address so if a call came in for a satellite office they had to email me and let me know. To often they forgot to let me know and I would drive an hour to do a call to then find out the call was actually a block from our office. So every satellite office will be entered separately with there correct address but the billing address can be kept the same on all of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: