Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

0030-0003-0038 Drop detector sync issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General HP Pagewide Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: 0030-0003-0038 Drop detector sync issue Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone deal with this yet? Ran through the troubleshooting and the suggested cleaning and lubing. Still pops the error randomly.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had it come up earlier today, but turning the plotter off and back on seems to have fixed it for us....knock on wood.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep us/me updated on this one, please. My "backup" said he's never seen it come up and he's been on the product since introduction, lucky me.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have two 8000's and only one throws the error. HP is shipping the motor, belt kit and the service carriage with no promise of a fix. Gotta love new technology.....

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay, it got to the point we were getting this error about 2-3 times a day. Our dealer had been beta testing a new firmware to fix this issue and it actually was officially release the day we really started complaining about it around two weeks ago. They installed it and we haven't had the error come up again since then.

In fact the only issue we have had since then is that on some of our rolls of paper, the end of the roll is folded and it can't go through the cutter properly and the plotter reports a paper jam, pull out the piece of paper and it is fixed.

Oh, the other issue is being able to keep up with keeping paper in the machine.....this thing is extremely fast.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx for the heads up on the firmware, I'll call HP today.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The HP rep I spoke to knew nothing about a beta firmware. Don't suppose the tech left the link to the download or better still his flash drive..... Very Happy

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
The HP rep I spoke to knew nothing about a beta firmware. Don't suppose the tech left the link to the download or better still his flash drive..... Very Happy

Unfortunately no, but it is no longer beta firmware, your rep should be able to give you the latest firmware (it will not download through the autoupdater on the machine itself). FYI: The current firmware version should be: NGRGA_05_33_01.10 or newer.

I have a favor to ask of you, do you (or anyone else) by chance have a copy of the standard maintenance schedule?

Our dealer is trying to convince me that at about 3 months old and less than 60,000 square feet we need a $1,200 Engine PCA Service Kit based on an error that the machine has given us all of twice. Needless to say, it smells fishy to me and so I am trying to get my hands on said maintenance schedule. Yes, I know it will be only an estimate, but it will give me a good idea of what should be needed when and I will know if we are way off and should push for it to be fixed at a reduced cost or to just accept it as part of the cost of maintenance.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have searched every piece of information I have from HP and all I can find is a listing of the parts kits.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How does HP setup the service? Is it charged by sqft/color/bw with a monthly charge? Or is it a time and material service after installation warranty runs out?

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on how you have it setup. You can either setup a maintenance contact with your dealer, which can be setup based on Sq./Ft. per month and you can include paper and ink or not.

Or you can set it up with just a pay as you go after the warranty is out. This is what accounting has decided to do here.

Originally they were insisting that we had to buy a service contract, but didn't mention this until AFTER the machine was installed, we pushed them back on that and got the policy changed. I am still working on getting the policy changed stating that you can only go to the dealer that sold you the machine for ink and service.

In our case, I got more details out of the users that reported the errors and in both cases they plotted something less than 5" long and sent it to the stacker. Well, the stacker cannot handle something this short and jams, which causes the errors we got. Just a heads up for everyone to be aware of. If you are going to send something shorter than about 15" (I am told it should work with 11" and longer, but doesn't for us), send it to the basket and not the stacker.

All of that being said, I still would like a copy of the recommended maintenance schedules for future reference.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is another new firmware available on HP's FTP site, again it doesn't show up in the Firmware update built into the plotter, but this is supposed to reduce paper jams and related errors, including the one mentioned on here.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The drop detector sync error was caused by the upper left service carriage belt was twisted 360 degrees causing the belt to jump on the pulley as the carriage moved to the left. Twist wasn't noticeable until I removed the encoder tape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General HP Pagewide Info All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: