Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Faint gray horizontal line on prints KIP 9900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbdigital007
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Faint gray horizontal line on prints KIP 9900 Reply with quote Back to top

So im getting a faint gray horizontal line on my 9900 prints near the middle, 8 3/8" (212mm) from LE to TE. It is very faint and visible in the white area, more pronounced in any darker areas. Im trying to avoid replacing every part under the sun to fix it. The width of the line is thin, maybe 4 or 5 mm. The print isnt distorted at all where the line is and other from this faint line, the prints look great. It has 450k on the clock. There is a line on the drum when I open the drawer, could just be from where the drum contacts the developer.

I have just cleaned the developer roller and the drum.
Recently changed wires and cleaned the charge assembly.
New cleaning roller.
I checked and cleaned the cutter, seems fine.
I adjusted fuser speed, paper feed speeds, no help.

Has anyone run into this before?

Here is some photos showing the line.
http://jbdigital.org/1.jpg
http://jbdigital.org/2.jpg
http://jbdigital.org/3.jpg
http://jbdigital.org/4.jpg

Thank you for looking.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you popped the top off the developer assy? Could be something from the cleaning got under the blade, or the blade isn't seated completely.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

james
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
Not sure on a 9900, but sounds kind of like the 8000 when the paper feed motor needs the speed increased.
Does it do it from all trays?
On all size papers?
james

jbdigital007
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it does do it on all size papers, from every tray. I did already try to increase, as well as decrease, both the feed and fuser. Seemed like it might have been working at first, but it returned during the same run.

You know I did have the top of the developer off just to inspect, but I didnt notice anything a miss. I can take a closer look next time I am back down there.

Im hoping to accumulate some ideas on what to try before I go back down. Its a strange problem.

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Faint Horizontal Line Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this before on a 7970. Came up after a New Maintenance KIT was installed on the Developer so I knew it must have come from that. Removed the Developer, adjusted the cleaning blade, then reset the Pressure to the Pressure Roller/ Blade Roller. I am not sure which thing specifically made the difference but if you have also recently made adjustments to your Developer then I feel confident a good once over could take care of it.

If you have a Hazy Trail Edge to your prints as well, this could be your timing. The first line for this should appear 1 full Drum Revolution on the print. For me this is roughly 250mm from the LE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: