Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3100 no paper found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: 3100 no paper found Reply with quote Back to top

New customer called and said machine not recognizing the 2 rolls. LCD has something like no paper found for both paper rolls.

In the service window it says rolls are 11"

I seem to recall having this on a 3000 and it was because the machine wasn't closing right.

I had them push down on left side after then close drawer, turn machine off and on. Didn't help.

I don't work on a lot of wide formats, only the 3000 up to this point.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the right hand side above the paper rolls is an LCD readout. Have them take the cover off this panel and read what is showing.

On the touchscreen, other than 11" rolls showing, is there any other indication showing?

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Open and close the fuser door. I have seen the fuser door intermittent connection or not close completely closed cause this condition.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jez, in the LCD window is where it has 11" for both rolls

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's a new customer with a 3000, I'm guessing it's a used 3000. I used to have the issue where you had the stacking device setting turned on for the 3000 and it would not show roll information. This 3000 might have had a stacker behind it at one time and it might be looking for it. You 'll have to go into service mode and see if it's turned on or off. Make sure it's off, if they don't have an attached stacker.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this is a new or reinstall, then the machine may show 11" until it is set via the touchscreen. What happens when you try to set it on the touchscreen?

Is there anything showing on the touchscreen?

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will be looking at it on Thurs and will report back. All they reported is the touch screen has "no roll paper" or something like that, for both rolls.

In the lcd service screen is has Ready R1-11", R2-11"

By the way as I wrote in my first post it is a 3100

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unattend is probably not working or you got a windows (on desktop) showing that there is no communication with the controller card.

First, check if you got all the information (soft version/firmware version...) in the Help screen

Second, close the GUI and take a look if Unattend is working and if yes, what it is showing.

If you got a bad communication screen, turn off machine, open IPS box and re-seat the controller card.

You may also a bad connection between the drawer and the frame of the machine, make sure the machine is on level and correct seated on floor.

And last thing, you may have to re-ghost, got to do it once with that problem.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Slyman think you may have hit the nail on the head. Didn't see your message until I was back at my office.

Tried everything mentioned on some of the posts here and few other things, didn't solve problem. Ended up calling my friend at Kip and first thing he asked was if the meters were on the screen, they were not. He had me go into IPS diagnostics and delete all the jobs in C & D drives. Rebooted with the option checked to repair. After re-boot it recognized the paper rolls and worked good. Meters are only thing that didn't come back.

Thanks again

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by "reboot with option checked to repair"?

Also, what version do you have now ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: