Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Used 7100 setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Used 7100 setup Reply with quote Back to top

Beatin my head against the wall on this one. Our sales manager picked up a used 7100 with 122k on it. When it got here and I ran an internal print I knew it was time to strip it down and ck things out. Drum was pitted all to crap, dev roller was shot, toner hardened up like clay inside dev unit. Buildup on heat roller causing double image. Broken plastic, mismatching screws or missing screws in such scary areas as IPS rear cover Shocked

Anyways, it definitely looked like this thing has has plenty done to it in only 100+ sf. No clue of it's history but would definitely bet it's been sittin in a warehouse for quite awhile. I replaced the drum, heat roller, and rebuilt the dev unit with Maintenance Kit A. My confusion is the adjustment that the manual calls for after a dev rebuild. The book states there is an automatic bias adjustment, but I only see an option to manually input a bias value. Apparently 0000000-0000003 is the normal range? Am I missing something? Cuz I cannot get consistent print quality out of this thing. Darks are to dark and almost blurry looking, it misses light hatching almost completely or completely in some cases. The machine came to us with that bias setting at 0000008.

I now have a new transfer sep and charge corona in it, no change. Have done a factory restore, no change. Am now in the middle of a dvd rewrite. It had 7.4.88 on it, rewrite is to 7.3. History shows E70 codes it's entire lifespan, starting at 3sf. That is just a microswitch issue normally, correct?

Any help would be much appreciated cuz I'm bout to the part of we picked up a lemon. I've never fought image issues this much with a KIP

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for your misfortune. Yes, after you do a dev. rebuild you are supposed to reset the dev bias back to 0. OR you can turn off the Bias compensation so it doesn't try to auto adjust the Bias. You didn't mention but I'm guessing you did drop the LED assy, correct? That would cause blurry/out of focus imaging too. And there is a tech bulletin on recalls of a bunch of sensors out of a 7100 w/ free replacements.

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That reset to 0 is where the manual references adjustment to Bias 3 Count, in Special Operation Mode correct? I did set it to 0, but then I'd have areas that were already light, wash out almost completely faded, some would be completely faded away, and the dark areas were still very very dark. So I played with that setting up to 5, but of course the higher I went the worse it got.

Dropping the LED, as in the shipping brackets on each side, behind the side covers? The right side bracket was gone, but I made sure the left side was pushed down. It's just completely bizarre all the way around. After doin the dvd rewrite and setting everything back up, and changing a couple values in Adjustment Mode, I'm now getting crazy looking arc'ing marks. And that's out of the blue, never even opened it up and touched anything, just software tweaks. Set them back to what they were, and still arc'ing. And.....the IP address keeps dropping. I look away for a minute and it's gone, just says Not Connected. If I go back to Config 2/Network and just view the IP settings and then cancel back out, the IP will display again. For a minute, then change again to Not Connected. I swear I've been given a possessed KIP to miraculously bring back to life.

As for the sensors, do you know where I can see that bulletin? We're Konica so I have no KIP resources, and I don't remember seeing it on Konica's support site.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent you a PM

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gjames, thank you,much appreciated. Haven't gotten a chance to work on it much lately, but gonna run thru voltages today and see what we get.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy !! Sorry for you man.

First, the E70 is for a bad closed toner door or clam shelf but it is also for a bad dev unit connection. Make sure you have a little, not that much, contact grease on dev unit contact. you can also troubleshoot by unplug one by one the bias connector, you will probably find your arcing problem in the same time.

About the IP adress, did you try to plug your ethernet cable directly on IPS instead of the connector in the frame ?

I will suggest to do a big cleanup of the IPS (remove RAM, CPU...)

For the sensor, they are the same as the Bizhub Pro C1060/C1070 sensor tech bulletin. They are not the same part number but they are the same. A real big batch of those were bad.

You must have the white braket on each side to evenly close the print head ass'y, that will give you a better focus.

And last, just turn off the density sensor (service mode 4-638 if I remember), that will turn off the auto bias correction and you will not forget to reset the bias count.

Good chance and hope that help a little

Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So just a follow up, connectivity issue was on our end. Networks fine now. The brackets for the LED are fine, I was thinking of the shipping brackets to keep the printhead/charge away from the drum, so no issue there. Pulled the dev unit, repressurized again, toner coverage looks perfect, no misting issues. But here's what we did find,

Voltages are all over and won't hold. Ran thru them all one day, found 3 way off, adjusted to spec and tested. Still had the density issue with dark to dark and light stuff gone completely or faded to almost nothing. Also, I did turn the density control off, and tried the Special Operation Bias setting at 0000000-0000003. Nothing made any difference. So the next day, ran thru most of the voltages again. Voltages were off again. Adjusted them to spec with the plan of finishing them the next day which was today. Started over, and within the first 4 we had one way off, and one at flat zero's. So I do believe our sales manager is bout to throw the towel in on this one. He bought the machine for 6,000.00 sight unseen, paid almost 600.00 I believe for shipping,no history, no sample prints, and we've already put in over 2500.00 worth of parts, and a crap ton of labor hours. Promised the customer the machine for 10,000.00 They have a 3000 they've had for 10 years that is still kicking out amazing looking prints, but they don't want to pay brand new machine cost. So....not sure what our guy is gonna do but needless to say the owner of the company isn't to damm happy on the whole deal Shocked

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps your HV Power supply has cold solder joints.

Might need to replace it.

Or resolder it.

Worst case scenario is the DC Controller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: