Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Spectrophotometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Spectrophotometer Reply with quote Back to top

Which, if any, spectrophotometer are you using to calibrate the 940. I have managed to dodge color printers up to this point but those days are numbered. Or do we even need one?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think it really matters.

KIP always refers to GretagMacbeth samples. So x-rite might be a good choice.

The link below shows a few and explains the difference of spectrophotometers vs colorimeters

http://people.rit.edu/med2823/colormanageproject/colortools.html

x-rite link: http://www.xrite.com/

Good luck!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After reading through the X-rite site I am in overload. I understand the difference between a spectrophotometers vs colorimeters but what is the recommended technology for KIP color printers? Or maybe I should just wait it out and find out in training.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can wait for training or just call KIP.

They seem to recommend something different every time we ask them about anything.

If you find out what they use in training it may benefit you to use the same thing as you would be familiar with its function from class.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that's what I'll do.

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Spectrophotometer Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,

I copied the following out of a 940 Tech Bulletin

"Using X-Rite Densitometer or EyeOne Spectrophotometer (+ Density Checker)"

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take a look, there are several models I wonder which one is most useful....If anyone using one they like please let me know which one you're using. Thanx all......

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the X-rite and all the KIP tech I've seen use the same, and that's what they use at all the color training classes I have attended. When adjusting the some of the colors you will have to enter some numbers into a spread sheet to give you some calculations. Xrite you can just copy and paste the numbers which makes it really easy. Not sure if the other brands will work the same.

Get ready to spend some $$$.
You will also need a really accurate machinist level. Like this one. This looks exactly the same as the one KIP sells and a cheaper price.
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Precision-Graduation-Measurement-Leveler/dp/B00D6NNJYM/ref=sr_1_6?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1444109860&sr=1-6&keywords=precision+levels

And you will also needs at least one magnifier to see the lines for calibration. KIP says a 10x, but getting older I needed at least a 15x. I bought a few off Amazon from a company called Carson.

And a few other misc. items that will help with the set up.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Way ahead of you on the magnifier. Next time you have the X-rite out see if it has a model number. Thanx for the feedback....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: