Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Question for the Doc / Disabling the Trim Sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Question for the Doc / Disabling the Trim Sheet Reply with quote Back to top

I need help DOC! Ive got a 6000 that wont let me get rid of the annoying trim sheet that it prints whenever a new roll of paper is inserted. Ive gone in to the WinUntd.ini file and given Auto Trim a false value but it wont stick. It keeps reverting back to the True value even after I save the change.The version of Unattend is "KIP Queue View Version 6.5.100 and the controller is running XP. Also, I'm not able to close Unattend? The X is grayed out not giving me the option to close and re start the program?Can you please give me instructions on how to disable this annoying feature?

Thanks in advance,
Qblueprint

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When looking at Unattend click the configuration button then exit program and it should close Unattend. Then make the .ini change and it should save it. Ini changes won't save with the program running.

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your reply Chillin. OK,I clicked "exit program" in the Unattend configuration and closed it and made the change in INI. , shutdown & rebooted the controller. When the controller came back up the INI setting was TRUE again? What am I missing here?

Qblueprint

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks about right but you left out one thing(and hopefully you just left out in your writing). After you change from True to False in .INI, I hope you "SAVE" it before closing the .INI.

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well........yes and no. After making the INI change I closed note pad and it asked if I would like to save the changes and of course I selected OK. I didn't click file & save. It works now.

Thanks a million,
Qblueprint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: