Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KC80 Service Diag USB Driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: KC80 Service Diag USB Driver Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking for the usb driver to install on my laptop to the kip80 to use the service diag.
The usb connection is not installing automatically.
If you have please email to:
[email protected]

Thank you.
james

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check your email...

james
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

P51,
I have those files, my problem is when I connect the usb from the k80 to my xp laptop, it opens the usb Found new Hardware wizard, but can't find any driver files to connect.
When I open Kip Diag Color, it goes into diag but shows usb connection failure.
Does it usually find the driver automatically or do you have to browse to a file with the usb driver?
thanks again.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted a different zip file and emailed you the link. Has an inf & sys files in it.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

P51,
That was the driver files, it connects now. Thank you very much.
The only thing now is when opening ColorDiag, it says communication mismatch, I can make machine adjustments and such, but can't backup the data as it give usb error.
Is there a setting or ini change I need to make to resolve the comm mismatch?
Thanks again for your help.
james

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

james wrote:
P51,
That was the driver files, it connects now. Thank you very much.
The only thing now is when opening ColorDiag, it says communication mismatch, I can make machine adjustments and such, but can't backup the data as it give usb error.
Is there a setting or ini change I need to make to resolve the comm mismatch?
Thanks again for your help.
james

If I remember...it's been 2-3 years since I played with it, you need to change the speed or port settings. I don't really remember anymore Sad
I know I have a USB/serial device that I use to download data from power filters and if the port speed is above 2400bps, it won't communicate.

james
resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone send me the USB Communication file (I think it's a zip) that uploads to the K80 thru the Program Update control program in Diagnostics. This program will install from the IPS in the following folder---C:/Kipdiag/program/usbcomm.

I think that is the problem of the Communication Mismatch.

Thank you much.
james

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: