Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Vibrations from the Fuser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetroMatthew
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Vibrations from the Fuser Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone run into this? The fuser vibrates violently and the drive gear and the main gear on the heat roller jumps. It is like it has too much pressure on it. I replaced the drive gears about a year ago and that helped some but it is worse now. I recently replaced the 48t gear on the fuser but that did not help much. All bearings on the fuser and drive are good. The bushings on the roller look good. I can see a little bit on daylight between the bush and the roller, not sure if that is good or bad. Any help would be good thanks.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Vibrations from the Fuser Reply with quote Back to top

MetroMatthew wrote:
Has anyone run into this? The fuser vibrates violently and the drive gear and the main gear on the heat roller jumps. It is like it has too much pressure on it. I replaced the drive gears about a year ago and that helped some but it is worse now. I recently replaced the 48t gear on the fuser but that did not help much. All bearings on the fuser and drive are good. The bushings on the roller look good. I can see a little bit on daylight between the bush and the roller, not sure if that is good or bad. Any help would be good thanks.

Something is causing it to drag. You will have to try to find what is. You can try releasing pressure on the fuser and turning it by hand.

Start increasing pressure and see how much drag increases. Still could be bad bushings. Can't remember if you can flip those. If you can you should try it. just rotate the bushing 180 degrees.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does this machine have the latest fuser drive update kit installed? If so, I replace the heat roller bushings along with the gears at the same time. I also back off the fuser pressure as they typically have too much pressure at the factory setting. Also make sure all screws are tight on the exit door and the exit pivot arms are not bent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: