Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New charge wires. Image is horrible...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hencorepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: New charge wires. Image is horrible... Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. Got an issue with a 9900 that's got me pulling what little hair I have left out. All started when I refreshed a dev unit. One side was printing light. In my attempts to rule out what might be causing this, I started by changing the T/S coronas,as they were pretty old and looked a little burnt, which made no change to the image what so ever. I then swapped out the charge coronas, and it definitely made a difference. The first 3 or so prints out of the machine, the first couple of inches ( of a 24x36 print ) are blown out, light and splattery looking. By the fourth sheet, everything is good and solid and will remain that way until the job finishes. Once the print process stops, even for only a minute, and then starts again, its back to being blown out. It looks like there is some kind of issue with a high voltage leak to the drum. The drum is pretty new with around 10 or 12,000 linear feet on it. I have gone through the charge corona assembly several times looking for what I must have done wrong, and I can't find any thing out of place. Again, it was printing OK, albeit light on one side, until I touched the charge assembly. ANY thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rick.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar issue once on my 9900 when I rebuilt the DV unit, one of the gears, the one with the woodruff key, is shown backwards in the manual, I double checked with the manual to make sure I had everything back together right and switched that gear to match the manual and it would only get drive once in a while, would not add toner up to the DV roller.
I also would wonder if your DV cam system is working to keep the DV unit up to the drum. Sometimes you have to clean and grease that area. The only other washed out look I've seen is if the separator corona is too high. Are all corona heights adjusted properly?

hencorepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy T,
Thanks for replying. Well, I did check all the gearing on the dev unit and everything seems to be meshing properly and doing it thing. I am however leaning toward there being an issue with the the cam assembly. Going to look into that next. But I'm really more concerned with what happened when I switched out the charge wires causing the blown out/splotchy image on the drum. Looks like we are going to get another tech to take a look at it and see if they can make heads or tails of whatever I've done incorrectly and get us running again. That particular printer is our bread and butter machine and we really need it working right again.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try putting the old corona wires back into the Charge assy to see if it makes any difference? If you know it happened after replacing the coronas, that's what I would've done. Make sure the two plastic corona brackets (holders) that are on the process frame are not cracked/broken. I'm just not sure why it would do it intermittently or after every stop.

hencorepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did not put the old corona wires in, but I did replace them with another new set, as one of them broke when I tried cleaning the spring eye hooks. I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything strange happening where the wires attached to the end blocks. Didn't seem to make any difference. Everything in the charge assembly looked good. No burnt or broken plastic blocks, grid plate was pretty clean with no stray wires or any other foreign material touching the drum. Even made sure the contact spring on the end of the charge assembly was clean and had good tension where it makes contact with the high voltage supply terminal. This thing has really got me stumped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: