Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

PW350 Optimizing Toner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjames
resident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee wrote:
So after checking everything that OCE TECH asked me to check, I still couldn't get the 15701 error to go away. So I figured when I reinstalled the developer unit, it said to make sure that there is no space between the unit and the drum. What no one or no where did anyone say that you push the developer unit against the drum, BUT that he drum itself has to be pushed back about 1/4". So I pushed the dev unit AND the drum back about 1/4" and VOILA, prints galore........

So, the instructions says to press the dev unit onto the drum, once you do that, push a bit harder and the drum will also move back until it can't move anymore, then tighten the screw...............

For future reference installing the Developer Unit is easier if you drop the back panel behind the cleaner and image corona assemblies. By doing this it relieves spring tension on the whole image process section and makes it easier to install the developer tightly against the drum.

After the developer is in tight then swing the back panel back up to the keyed position and your done.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, customer just called and said that the printer is showing "Toner Distribution" on screen and throwing errors 12710 and 5703. I tried looking up the errors and cannot find anything. Anyone have a clue?

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee wrote:
Hey guys, customer just called and said that the printer is showing "Toner Distribution" on screen and throwing errors 12710 and 5703. I tried looking up the errors and cannot find anything. Anyone have a clue?

I don't see that a 12710 is a valid error code for the PW350.

The 05703 however is Residual Toner Container Full or Missing error.

Check if the Residual toner bin is mounted or full.

Check TONAVILSW 15S2 test 05-2-003. Activate test, remove residual toner container, check status.

Check TONWASTEFULLSE 05B2. test 05-2-002. Remove residual toner container, Activate test, Activate sensor with a piece of paper and check status.

Don't think this has anything to do with your previous issue.

Could be the customer simply didn't mount the waste toner bottle properly. Or it's full.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went there yesterday and the machine was out of paper, after I install the required paper, it did the toner optimization BUT then it stopped after about a min. and then started to print. The customer stated that it constantly does the toner optimization while idle. I couldn't get it to do it. It sat in "ready" state with no errors. I ran a few test prints and no errors at all.

My original service laptop that had the OCE lotus notes on it died and when I got a new service laptop, I was able to load most software back but I can never get it to communicate thru SDS with the OCE printers.

Here is what I noticed, when I went to replace the roll of paper, there was toner dusting all over the paper and inside the paper drawer, dusting in the fuser area, the T/S corona assy was covered with toner. My first thought was clogged residual toner tube so I vacuumed out the tube and cleaned everything. Afterwards, the printer worked fine, no errors. Well, that is until this morning, the customer just called and said the errors are back. So I'll be heading out there again in a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: