Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

PW350 Optimizing Toner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: PW350 Optimizing Toner Reply with quote Back to top

Customer just called and says that the PW350 is "Optimizing Toner" and will not stop. She shut it off twice and each time it started up in "Optimizing Toner" mode and won't stop. She checked the waste toner bottle and it was full and she replaced it and noticed that while it's "Optimizing Toner", it is also dumping toner into the waste toner. She has shut it down until I can get there. I have very limited experience with this machine so I was wondering if you guys could lead me in a direction. Thanks.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is common for the Oce equipment to do this. Unfortunately for you the developer will need to be replaced. I would have the customer shut the machine down until you can get there with developer and toner sensor.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At the site, customer says they had a jam now it says Optimizing toner distribution, please wait AND the error is 22701 and the rollers at the back stacker are constantly turning.

tech2tech: you mean just the developer or entire developer unit has to be replaced and toner sensor?

And I can see the auger spinning in side the toner hopper and it's filling up the waste toner bottle.

Last edited by dlee on Mon May 11, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just the developer. I would recommend also replacing the toner sensor also.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so just told customer it might be a few days and they're not happy, as I don't have the developer or toner sensor on hand. Also, I was reading up on it and it looks like I'm going to need to get into SMS, correct? Last laptop went dead and got new one, redownloaded all the software but was never able to connect to SMS. I guess I'm going to have to figure this one out. Also, do you have part numbers for the developer and toner sensor? Thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so just told customer it might be a few days and they're not happy, as I don't have the developer or toner sensor on hand. Also, I was reading up on it and it looks like I'm going to need to get into SMS, correct? Last laptop went dead and got new one, redownloaded all the software but was never able to connect to SMS. I guess I'm going to have to figure this one out. Also, do you have part numbers for the developer and toner sensor? Thanks.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sensor #1060095447
Developer #1070036685
Run 05-7-001 Adjustment procedure for new developer

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't SDS part of the Lotus Notes package that OCE requires a yearly license fee?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is. I was able to recover everything via Lotus Notes when I got the new laptop but was unsuccessful at connecting to an OCE via SDS. Now I have non in-house and only 3 in the field that I get a call a couple times a year. Now I have this call and I can do everything up to the point of connecting to run programs..... When I go back tomorrow, I'll call OCE Support to help with the connection, so I hope they call me back the same day.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah they were a little slow when I had to work with them.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tech2tech, I was looking up the part numbers and can't find your Developer #1070036685. However, I found a Developer # 106127825 on with the same page as the toner sensor. Do you have a new part number?

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The part # I gave you is the new number. As far as Lotus notes go.. Oce is no longer supporting it. There is a process to install the new software and get it all downloaded. Its best to do at the end of the day and allow it to synch over night.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to find this process. Link me if you know it. Thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced the toner and the developer. Put it all back, now I am getting a 15701 error and the paper comes up and stops right before the T/S asssy and gives the error. I don't see any obstructions.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So after checking everything that OCE TECH asked me to check, I still couldn't get the 15701 error to go away. So I figured when I reinstalled the developer unit, it said to make sure that there is no space between the unit and the drum. What no one or no where did anyone say that you push the developer unit against the drum, BUT that he drum itself has to be pushed back about 1/4". So I pushed the dev unit AND the drum back about 1/4" and VOILA, prints galore........

So, the instructions says to press the dev unit onto the drum, once you do that, push a bit harder and the drum will also move back until it can't move anymore, then tighten the screw...............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: