Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7100 ips wont turn on by itself

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jujitsu47
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: 7100 ips wont turn on by itself Reply with quote Back to top

got to customer and ips was not on but machine was. turned on manually. noticed the date and time was wrong. the date read 5 years ago and time was off 10 hrs. i adj the date and time and it immedatly shut off the kip. the ips however would not shut off intill i unpluged it, it kept ticking. i waited 5 min and manually started the ips again with the kip and shut off the sleep warm and cold timers. this time it shut down correctly both together. However, the ips will not turn on by itself! you have to manually turn it on! any suggestions....

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like the battery may be bad and it is losing the bios settings. The IPS's always reboot when date and time is changed, so that is normal. I think you need to enter the bios at startup and change the boot up to auto powerup at power failure.

jujitsu47
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ill give that a try. why would it change though?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the battery on the motherboard is dead it will lose the bios change settings and go back to default. You may want to meter the voltage of the battery, or better yet, just change it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recently had the same exact issue on an old KIP3000 model A. The controller wouldn't boot up with the printer. Date/time was 3 or 4 years off and lost the BIOS settings to boot. I would reset everything and it would be good for a while but then customer would call back saying controller won't boot up with printer. It ended up being a bad MOBO and I ended up replacing the controller. I did go through the process of resetting the BIOS, then tried re-ghosting, then finally replaced the controller.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DLee, did you ever replace the battery on the original motherboard? I didn't read anything in your post regarding checking the battery.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops. After the re-ghost didn't work, I replaced the battery twice just to make sure it wasn't the battery.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that update, I figured you probably did check it, but wanted to know for sure.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder if he put the battery in upside down........ Shocked
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, at first, I tried to install it vertically (as you suggested) but it didn't work. So I figured, I'd install it the same way the original was.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

See, the more I harrass you the smarter you get....

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, you never harass me. I always welcome your insight and knowledge. I just do totally opposite of what you say and "voila" always fixes the issue every time....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just like my kids used to do......

jujitsu47
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: battery Reply with quote Back to top

sorry for delay boyz..... it was the battery.... tks for the help!

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just heads up I had a bad capacitor on the ips main board cause similiar symptoms... a 50 cent fix from radioshack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: