Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

LED Alignment procedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: LED Alignment procedure Reply with quote Back to top

I have a machine that had a corrupt IPS when I restored it I must have reset the firmware in the restore process and didn't realize what i was doing. Rookie mistake. So where do i begin to take and get this machines LED aligned and do I need to do something before I do the alignment. It seems i am close but it just isn't aligning all the colors and I am out of my depth here.

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have one client that adjusting the LED's is a regular thing and I have grown quite good at it aside from skew which is rarely off.

I created a cheat sheet that works quite well for guiding you through what to adjust. The only thing I have noticed is service program #293 for BK Whole LED didn't seem to move no matter how I changed the values.

I would first run the auto. If your belt is in good shape it may be all you need. Use the manual for the correct procedure. In my case the auto never works. Which is bad because the auto not just adjusts the LED but the motor speeds as well. If they are really far off you will get a "wave" in and out like registraion that can be tough to adjust out.

Start with test pattern #31 and visually make sure the the left to right on all 3 LED banks are not either over lapping or have a gap on all 4 colors. Then adjust the delay (up/down). Once that is done I then run test pattern #18 with BK on and each color one at a time referenced on BK. When you get all the colors referenced good one at a time then run #18 again with all 4 colors on. If it looks good then that is it. Again, skew changes everything and I have no real method but it's rarely off.

It also is quite necessary to have a lupe at least 10x. It also helps for yellow to have a blue LED light. You can find them on eBay or some cheap key chains have lights on them. Also yellow has a halo affect so make sure when you view it through the lupe you look straight down. If not you will notice the yellow appears to move.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Terry

LED Cheat Sheet pdf

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up Terry
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Terry! Gonna have to sock that one away for a rainy day. Wink

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Nice write up Terry

p51d007 wrote:
Nice Terry! Gonna have to sock that one away for a rainy day. Wink

Thanks guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: