Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9000 fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: 9000 fuse Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, here goes:

In-house 9000 started backing the rolls out last week, this machine has right at 4mil square on it and the clutches had never been touched. Installed all new clutches - the 2 on drawer one and the 4 on the left side. Also installed new gate clutch and brake. The chain and the gears have less than 250,000 square, so all that looked fine.

Got the machine back together, rolls in all 4 drawers and it went to an immediate J-02. Backed out roll 2 (roll 2 was the one orginally giving the most problems) and then there was no paper recognized in any drawer. Went back thru all the parts at least 3 times and everything was correct. Part #'s, locations, install, etc. I have the luxury, if you want to call it that, of comparing to our 8000 and all looked correct with that. The same J-02 and/or no paper detected continued on the 9000.

I then saw on the 8000 that when the machine was powered on the metal gear behind the clutch #1 was turning, feeding the paper as it should. On the 9000 the gear was not turning, no paper being fed, thus the error(s).

Big Al came over yesterday and he checked all my parts and agreed that they were all okay and were all where they belonged. We then started checking voltage and wire continuity from the clutches back.
We was getting no voltage. Looking at the schematic it does not show this circuit to be fused - But guess what?

There is a 4 fuse block behind the meters, the 4A fuse that is farthest to the right, or toward the back of the machine, however you want to term it, is the culprit. Replaced that fuse and all is fine.

Why it blew, no idea. But that cuts the power to all the clutches and we still cannot find it on the schematic.

Last edited by TXReproShop on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pull the clutches and check for a pinched wire, also look for melted wires on the clutch side of the machine.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything is working fine now Mark. I was thinking along the lines of pinched wire. I found an older post on here where the cover down by the lower 2 clutches can pinch wires.

Had we not checked those fuses, we may have still been chasing it.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Call me if you need more information re: chasing shorts in the 24vdc line
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you by chance replace those clutches while the machine was on? I made the mistake of un-plugging drawer one clutch and reconnecting it and I also blew the fuse you are speaking of! Just wondering?

John B.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Machine was off. I even turn off breaker at the buildings electrical box when I work on areas like the driveline, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: